Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Thai Style Heavy bags

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lumpy

Well, my joints are tired of my 200 lb traditional heavy bag. It is as big as my mother in law. I am considering a Thai Style heavy bag. Any ideas. At the Revgear site, there is a 6 foot double ended bag (can be rotated) called the Dan Severn \”The Beast.\” Anyone had expierence with this bag? Let me know your thoughts on Thai Style bags and any suggested product lines. My shoulders will thank you.

carpecanis

The KM class I attend uses Century bags. They’re about 6′ tall so I’d guess they’re the Thai style. I’d say they’re about 100lbs and are made out of vinyl.

They’re all a couple years old and see lots of use and abuse. The vinly is holding up well. The only problem with them is that, with all the use they see, the fill has moved around. The punching areas have gotten a bit too soft, while the lower areas have become rock hard. (I have the bruised shins to prove it).

All in all, despite the fill thing, I’d say they’re a very good product. I think it would take a single person about a year to give a bag the use that these things see in just a couple of months.

clfmak

Revgear makes good stuff. If I was in the market for another heavy bag, I’d consider Revgear, Fairtex or Title over Century or Everlast even though the first three are more expensive.
    What do you mean your joints are tired of your 200lb bag? That sounds like it might be bad technque, and changing the bag won’t help that.

lumpy

No comment. Another indredible diagnosis, based on my spending patterns. I think I’ll take up knitting instead.

clfmak

Indredible? Don’t you know its pretendous to make up your own words?

anonymous

Why don’t you knit yourself a heavy bag? 😀

lumpy

Maybe Bas can come up with a new Knit 1 Pearl 2 combo for this.

carpecanis

Heh, heh:

Three Knit 1s and a Pearl 2!

Defense!

Defense!

Defense!

😆

Ouch, my back hurts just thinking about it.

anonymous

A heavy bag that doubles as a sweater. It’s perfect.

bradm

GK
    Only thing is that if you wore the sweater to a Krav class someone might mistake you for the heavy bag — and — well — 😆

anonymous

Trust me, no one is going to mistake me for a heavy bag. I’m more the size of those kiddie focus mitts. 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: