Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics The Defender’s Creed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    resqr1

The Defender’s Creed

I accept and understand that human predators exist.
    Criminal or terrorist, they take advantage of our civilized society to prey upon the weak. They represent evil and must be confronted and defeated.

I believe that self-defense is a moral imperative.
    And that illegitimate force and illegal violence must be met with righteous indignation and superior violence.

I will not rely on others for the security of myself, my family or my tribe.
    I proudly proclaim that I run with a like-minded pack.
    I do not amble through life like the sheep.

I will train with, maintain and carry my chosen weapons in a condition of readiness at all times.
    I will be mentally prepared and physically equipped to effectively respond to an attack or emergency.

I will constantly test myself against realistic standards to discover my strengths and weaknesses.
    I will turn weakness into strength.

I will seek to learn new skills and techniques and then teach what I have learned to other members of the tribe.
    Be it with firearm or blade, empty hand or blunt object, I will hit my enemies hard, fast and true.

I will live a quiet and unobtrusive life, but I will develop and retain the capacity for swift and decisive violence.
    I recognize that I am the modern equivalent of the traditional Minuteman, and that I may be called to service at any time against heavily armed enemies.
    I will respond effectively.

I will win, or die trying.

I swear this creed before God, my family and my fellow citizens.

Re: The Defender’s Creed

Amen.

kmyoshi

+1 to this.

thecrownsown

must be met with righteous indignation and superior violence”

Riigghhhttt………thats always worked out….:razz:

Anyone else creeped out by this “creed?” I’d take out the title Defender and replace it with “Paranoid Hillbilly” Seems to fit more appropriately…. 🙂

Sincerely,

An alleged “sheep”

LOL

resqr1

quote TheCrownsOwn:

must be met with righteous indignation and superior violence”

Riigghhhttt………thats always worked out….:razz:

Anyone else creeped out by this “creed?” I’d take out the title Defender and replace it with “Paranoid Hillbilly” Seems to fit more appropriately…. 🙂

Sincerely,

An alleged “sheep”

LOL

Baaaaa…said AT you not with you. 🙂

The creed is there for a good reason. It is a matter of using your common-sense and doing what normal people do in a given situation. That creed would make more sense for a soldier or a policeman but certain portions would apply to a family man for example …

Your daughter is dating someone then 5 months down the road she is pregnant. Do you get the shotgun out of the cabinet ? No, you use normal channels like asking the police for DNA testing to be done but if your daughter is being held against her will on a date and you walk in the door then you have every right to use deadly force to free your daughter from the threat of rape and pregnancy.

Do you see how this makes sense ?

resqr1

Or…stop drinking your hippie juice, pull up your big boy breeches, man up and get the job done.

thecrownsown

rofl2 This is classic! I want more!

Preferably something with the flag waving in the background too….thats always better…LMAO! The bible verse…hippie juice and the hypothetical on the daughter being held prisoner……well how can you argue against that? :D:

I did not realize you are a Canadian. I thought you were American.

I guess you are the type that cracks jokes even in serious situations. :D:

Seriously, 9:00 p.m. your daughter was supposed to be home.

You get in the truck to go look for your daughter.

9:40 p.m. You find your daughter with the guy trying to go ” pervert ” on her in his car.

You order him out of the car & he does not comply and he tries to take your daughter hostage. Glass shatters and he slumps over the seat & you retrieve your daughter.

That is a brief but very graphic and serious description of the Defender’s Creed. Do not mess with the father’s daughter. 😎

mdeaneuscg

Crown, I believe that this creed is simply vocalization of what someone with a certain mindset has. We are not ‘hillbillies’ or ‘paranoid’. We are normal citizens within our communities that see the world differently. We see that the right person (or people) in the right place, with the right skills and tools, can make all the difference in an emergency. We also see that official assistance is not always the most effective/efficient/available means of dealing with the situation, and at that time, it comes down to you and others on scene.

This goes beyond defending against acts of violence, but also in helping our fellow man in any emergent situation. When a car accident happens, we are the people that don’t think twice about pulling over to help. When there is a disaster, we’re the going out of our way to help those who need it. Many of us, because of this mindset, also place ourselves into positions that allow us to help in an official capacity. That is what drives police officers, firefighters, EMT’s, and military members to the duty they perform. So, in effect, you are calling anyone that desires to serve his community a ‘paranoid hillbilly’. Thank you for that sir.

kmyoshi

Troll much?

There is a difference between being prepared and just being paranoid.

thecrownsown

quote MDeaneUSCG:

Crown, I believe that this creed is simply vocalization of what someone with a certain mindset has. We are not ‘hillbillies’ or ‘paranoid’. We are normal citizens within our communities that see the world differently. We see that the right person (or people) in the right place, with the right skills and tools, can make all the difference in an emergency. We also see that official assistance is not always the most effective/efficient/available means of dealing with the situation, and at that time, it comes down to you and others on scene.

This goes beyond defending against acts of violence, but also in helping our fellow man in any emergent situation. When a car accident happens, we are the people that don’t think twice about pulling over to help. When there is a disaster, we’re the going out of our way to help those who need it. Many of us, because of this mindset, also place ourselves into positions that allow us to help in an official capacity. That is what drives police officers, firefighters, EMT’s, and military members to the duty they perform. So, in effect, you are calling anyone that desires to serve his community a ‘paranoid hillbilly’. Thank you for that sir.

What you are saying above is much different from the Hillbillies Creed below. In fact I agree with everything you’ve said above except your foolish assumption that I’ve somehow called anyone who serves his community a paranoid hillbilly. I am also one of those persons who offers a helping hand at any moment, and feels a civil duty to go above and beyond and have put myself in personal danger to assist. But propping up a creed that spews violence, sectarianism, etc. is just silly and I’m sorry but it gives a very different tone and statement that what your saying.

Guys…I get a real kick out of this “Creed.” It is oversimplistic and unrealistic. I don’t want to write an essay on how the “creed” impresses some negative social attitudes and approaches…..and there will always be people who eat this kind of stuff up. I see some very entertaining hypotheticals on this thread in the name of “being prepared.” And I also know there is no arguement against people who drink this cool aid. Fair enough. But I certainly can poke fun at how ridiculous it is…knowing that I won’t pick up my C7 and “stand the line” draped in the flag..or whatever other propoganda gets you off because of things like this…….rofl2

thecrownsown

quote KMyoshi:

Troll much?

There is a difference between being prepared and just being paranoid.

If you mean having a difference of opinion and voicing my thoughts on concerning issues as “trolling.” Then yes. I do it a fair bit.

And yes, you are correct. There is a difference between being prepard and being paranoid. Very good point!

kmyoshi

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and voicing your thoughts, that is what this forum is for. I suppose since we’re online I can’t really tell how you’re coming across but when I say it appears you’re “trolling” it is with the IMHO unnecessary use of smileys.

bear34

quote MDeaneUSCG:

IMO you have expressed the thought much better than the creed. It seems like it was taken right out of Marvel Comics.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: