Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics The Defender’s Creed

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    mdeaneuscg

Re: The Defender’s Creed

After re-reading the creed, I can see where it has an almost militant feel. There certainly was a time that Americans were called upon to be citizen soldiers, but some of this creed does take it a little over the top. While I would certainly take up arms to defend my country (hell, I even swore an oath to do so), I can understand where the average citizen may feel that this is only slightly removed from going to a training camp in the woods.

Dave Grossman is perhaps where a lot of people are getting their ideas on this subject, where he describes society as “sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves”. His labeling of the different cultures within society seems very accurate, though I believe that one certainly has the capability to change from a sheep to a sheepdog, if their mindset changes. I believe that anyone who takes Krav is at least well on their way to becoming a sheepdog.

Where I agree with this creed 100%, is where it is stated that you will maintain yourself and your chosen tools, as well as your proficiency with them. That you will always be ready to take action. Whether this is a firearm or a trauma kit, I believe the principle is the same. Become the master of whatever skill you pursue. Know that if you are ever called to utilize it, you will be able to do so confidently.

Mike,
    Heartfelt and well written. It’s not going to change his mind. He has a history on the forum of belittling those he disagrees with and then ending it with a smiley face. That should tell you everything you need to know.

kevinmack

why would the police do a DNA test when a girl gets pregnant from her boyfriend?

Many reasons, one is if the daughter is underage, two is to establish who is the rapist and many reasons.

It does not always make sense to take the shotgun out of the closet. It could be that the girl said a really innocent guy did it out of fear to protect herself from being harmed again from the real rapist and DNA does not lie.

shipwreck

United States Navy SEAL Creed
    In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed.

Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life.

I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men.

Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.

We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.

We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me – my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.

We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.

Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed.

I will not fail.

I feel sorry for people like Crown who seem to have no moral compass or passion for something. I’m not sure how things in Canada work but Americans are very serious about what we do and we strive to hold ourselves above others in all facets of our lives. It’s sheeple like you that will never transpire to greatness.

I guess the Canadians have a different mindset and their way of life is more laid back.

This is about the family man being able to defend his family from any harm.

We can learn something from the creeds of different military / police agencies and adapt to our own needs.

I like the Mossad’s creed of having multiple counselors in there is safety ? I don’t have the exact quote at the moment but maybe one of the IDF veterans or fellow Kravists know this one by heart. 🙂

brewmasher

Being one that follows the Taoist philosophy, you just have to look at nature and the way the world works. Every living thing has the ingrained instinct to protect themselves and their kin. When species are not able to do this, especially those that do not reproduce quickly like humans, they become extinct. Even non predatory vegetarian animals practice fighting from a very young age, including the chimpanzee. The most dangerous animal on the planet is not the loin, but the plant eating hippopotamus. If you can’t defend yourself, your family and your territory, you will soon disappear from the planet.

What puts our species at the top of the food chain is our spirituality. Practicing self defense such as KM connects me to the spirit inside of me that wants to thrive. Creeds such as those posted are spirit boosters. I see nothing wrong with them as long as they are not taken to fanatical proportions.

Mossad’s former motto, be-tachbūlōt ta`aseh lekhā milchāmāh (Hebrew: בתחבולות תעשה לך מלחמה‎) is a quote from the Bible (Proverbs 24:6): “For by wise guidance you can wage your war” (NRSV). Ostrovsky claims this translates, “By Way Of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War.”[4] The motto was recently[when?] changed to another Proverbs passage: be-‘éyn tachbūlōt yippol `ām; ū-teshū`āh be-rov yō’éts (Hebrew: באין תחבולות יפול עם, ותשועה ברוב יועץ‎, Proverbs 11:14). This is translated by NRSV as: “Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.” (As for the meaning of the word “tachbulot” in modern rather than Biblical Hebrew, both the “RavMilim” and “Morfix” online Hebrew-English dictionaries translate “tachbulot” as “stratagems, ruses, tricks”.[5])

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mossad

The IDF mission is to “defend the existence, territorial integrity and sovereignty of the state of Israel. To protect the inhabitants of Israel and to combat all forms of terrorism which threaten the daily life.”[39]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces

Other mottos from Israel.

http://www.military-quotes.com/mottos/israel.htm

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: