Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books The meaning of "Aliveness/Live" Training

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kmyoshi

Just thought I’d share.

As we progress through the KM curriculum, the aliveness goes up is that correct?

kevinmack

Re: The meaning of "Aliveness/Live" Training

it should be there from the begining.

kmyoshi

Let me rephrase:

Will the intensity go up.

In my experience, oh yes. The intensity should be going up accordingly.

Our level 3 is far more intense and alive than level 1. Level 1 people need to be careful when starting out so that they can understanding their physical limitations. And we don’t need broken knuckles from poor punching technique.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote KMyoshi:

Let me rephrase:

Will the intensity go up.

I think it’s safe to say as your proficiency level increases so will the pressure in the attacks.

In level 1&2 the drilling and conditioning intensity might be a little higher just to put you into a state of duress and that part may actually lesson as you grow deeper in the system. The crazy high impact run back and forth etc stuff.

However as you gain technique there’s more expected of you.

I remember walking into the school and with my bag still on my shoulder leaning in the class to say hi to the instructor, Christian says “oh you’re just in time to help me with a drill.” I drop my bag thinking he just wants to demo on me. He tells the class to grab a weapon (gun, stick, knife, long-gun)

Then he says, OK everyone, attack Sean. And suddenly I had 20 people trying various ways to kill me. After a couple minutes he yells break and says “that’s the drill”

I call that drill “shark tank” btw

Point is the intensity is there its just different.

naveed01
    Blocked

Barring that, there are a few strategies for escaping from an established high mount. If the arms are free, elbows to the groin and hammerfists to the solar plexus and face become increasingly easy as the mount becomes higher. As the mount rises, the center of gravity of the attacker also becomes increasingly destabilized. lifting in a bench press motion while twisting with the upper body and bridging with a tight abdomen will often throw the attacker off, over, and to the side.

harryjc

The high mount was mentioned here. It’s a tricky one to escape but possible, of course, dependent on who you’re dealing with. One thing to do is push against your attacker’s torso, and then swing your legs up, and wrap them around his head/neck. Pull him down.

This will work on people who aren’t good at grappling or know only a bit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: