Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos The round kick in Krav Maga: old way vs new way. Pros and Cons.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    five04zog

Re: The round kick in Krav Maga: old way vs new way. Pros and Cons.

I like your video. I see a time/place for both styles of round kicks. As an LEO, I’ve used the Thai style round kick on the job with great success. I have stopped suspects with one shin-kick to the common fibular nerve/common peroneal nerve. That being said, I never count on ANY strike to work with only one application.

I do teach the Thai style round kick as a D.T. instructor to my LEO’s. I can tell if they have been practicing this kick between D.T. classes. Most of them look awkward and can’t generate the power needed. Like anything, perfect practice makes you perfect (well we can only try).

I do have LEO’s that study the martial arts and I tell them to use the kicking/striking style that works for them. Defensive Tactics/Combatives should bend to fit you, not the other way around. In short, practice both or what works best for you or your needs.

adrianm-d46

Not sure of this “old way”. I have been practicing KM for 15 years and it has always been Muay Thai based with the shin as a striking surface. Also, always pushing off with the kicking leg, bending at the knee, exploding the hips around and snapping the leg out just before impact. I don’t know that there has never been a ball of foot round kick in KM. I’ve mostly seen that in TKD.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: