Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Through A Rapist’s Eyes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    ryan

Re: Through A Rapist’s Eyes

Mike, I hope you are well, also.

I went to the link, but when I saw that I needed to register, I just didn’t take the time at the moment. I will check it out, though. I have Darren here this weekend, so it’ll be early next week. Much of what I’d like to say here is difficult to articulate via this forum, but you’re probably right, with profound statements like, “you suck”, I’m likely wasting my time.

All the best, my friend.

unstpabl1

quote Ryan:

Mike, I hope you are well, also.

I went to the link, but when I saw that I needed to register, I just didn’t take the time at the moment. I will check it out, though. I have Darren here this weekend, so it’ll be early next week. Much of what I’d like to say here is difficult to articulate via this forum, but you’re probably right, with profound statements like, “you suck”, I’m likely wasting my time.

All the best, my friend.

Sorry didn’t realize the TPI link needed you to register. The original thing I was talking about was over a year ago.

Hope you have a great time with Darren. I got him regularly blocks from the apt and can’t train:(::angry: Bums me out even worse cause I could screw up CJ’s Dads world at the same timerofl2

vwr32

I knew the initial post wasn’t legit when i saw none of the rapists were attacking their victims with oxygen tanks.

Snopes rocks. thumbsup

ryan

Okay, one last time, I’m not saying the post wasn’t legit. I’m saying some of the info should be looked at with a careful eye. TJ’s intent was very good, and some of the info is decent…

unstpabl1

quote vwr32:

I knew the initial post wasn’t legit when i saw none of the rapists were attacking their victims with oxygen tanks.

Snopes rocks. thumbsup

rofl2 GK has a defense for that you know I think it has to do with a match and a bottle of schnapps. I think snopes rocks also. Ends a lot of bs

Ryan its cool V was teasing off another thread

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote unstpabl1:

Ryan its cool V was teasing off another thread

Trust me everyone know about the “other” thread :rolleyes:

vwr32

quote Ryan:

Okay, one last time, I’m not saying the post wasn’t legit. I’m saying some of the info should be looked at with a careful eye. TJ’s intent was very good, and some of the info is decent…

You don’t have to say the post wasn’t legit… snopes did. TJ’s intent isn’t in question, that much is obvious. I think people will recognize he was passing on tips which are supposed to help… but I’ll have to agree with you (not sure why I’m defending my position when we’re in agreement… but that seems to be the path we’ve ended up on) that passing on *bad* info is more dangerous than no info at all.

Kicking out the tail lights from inside the trunk? If it’s my car, there are only access holes to the bulbs. Anti-rapist hairstyles, clothing, and locations? I think snopes more accurately acknowledges rapes happen to women with any length of hair, wearing anything, old or young, and location isn’t nearly as important as isolation. And it isn’t always about sex.

I’ll have to agree with snopes on this one, the person teaching the author of this email (identified as an employee of public relations firm Weber Shandwick, under the instruction of David Portnoy) “should be characterized as a fear merchant vending false information to those anxious to feel safe“. It’s really not an attack on TJ or his intent… I have to look at this from the perspective that if my wife walked in and said she didn’t need to train for self-defense because she doesn’t fit the ideal target as outlined by rapists in this email, I’d have something to say about it.

I think the one positive thing the email does stress is situational awareness. But there’s just too much other stuff in there that is either statistically wrong or completely counter-intuitive based on the training we receive in class.

Nobody is going to enter their car on the passenger side just because a van is parked next to it. Directing people to “ALWAYS RUN” if the predator has a gun is horrible advice based on the email’s claim that “The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times.” What the hell? Maybe it’s great advice on the Help Me I’m A Victim Forum, but definitely not on a krav site.

It’s easy to glance at a few points in the email, recognize it was posted with good intent, and dismiss it as helpful. I did the same thing when I saw it. But there’s just too much knowledge on this site NOT to get the magnifying glass out and pick something like this apart. It’s not a slap in the face to TJ, his posting of this could lend valuable discussion which might correct some misconceptions people hold who have already seen this email and believe in it.

I loved seeing the snopes links, but even more so, I liked seeing the info being questioned.

unstpabl1

:OhMy:Girls locked in the trunk???? I thought that was a date:dunno::jerry:

vwr32

quote unstpabl1:

:OhMy:Girls locked in the trunk???? I thought that was a date:dunno::jerry:

Pretty sure it is. Car makers even replaced the full sized spare with a smaller one so it would be more comfortable once the lid is closed.

unstpabl1

quote vwr32:

Pretty sure it is. Car makers even replaced the full sized spare with a smaller one so it would be more comfortable once the lid is closed.

Your married..me I’m destined to end up in the Springer Hall Of Fame

ryan

My secret admirer is back:

“Sometimes it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Just posting the links to snopes makes you look like a smarmy asshole. If you would have added this post to the links, it would not have come off like an attack.”

People choose to be offended or feel attacked. I don’t always have time to post essays, but I did want to get some info out since the info posted was at best untrue and at worse potentially dangerous. I’m not going to apologize for that…I’ve always posted my opinions, out here in the open, using my name, and I’ll continue to do so when I feel it’s warranted.

All the best!

blindfold

I don’t think for a minute that anyone intends anything bad or misinformative.

I think any good reputation points are well deserved to anyone who provides clarification to something that was posted.

I think TJ had very good direction with his post and that Ryan making any remarks that give a more clear picture are good as well.

These same type of posts have been made for years and we will probably see them again next year, in another post.

Also, I hadn’t really noticed the Rep points until I saw that bar under Ryan’s name. You must really be able to give some good advice. thumbsup
    If that’s the case them GK must be the Black Sheep of the family. rofl2

I think most people here are going to post with the best of intentions and if not it will be pointed out very quickly.

stevetuna

For what it’s worth…

I investigate most of the sexual assaults that happen in my little corner of the world. The common factor amongst the victims that I’ve seen is alcohol. The majority of victims that I’ve helped have been drunk. I don’t want to blame the victims, but the alcohol intake certainly puts them into situations where they would never go if sober. They make bad decisions and suffer worse consequences.

Stranger rape is, thankfully, very rare. These cases are the ultimate nightmare scenario. It’s not about sex with this kind of rapist, either. It’s about power, control and dominance. For example, when a guy raped an elderly woman here once upon a time, he felt the need to bite her repeatedly. Nice, huh?

Usually the victim knows (or is married to or dating) her assailant. Drugging to rape (GHB, roofies, etc.) is much more common up here than I would have ever guessed (drugging to rape carries a life sentence, even in liberal Massachusetts!).

The rape of an adult is a horrible crime. It’s not far removed from murder, in some cases. Many victims have a tough time coming back and I’d guess that few return all the way to a normal life. Rape of a child – let’s just say that if you’ve ever spent time dealing with a child rapist then you’d know that the devil is alive and well on earth.

We at Krav Maga are providing a valuable service by teaching women to fight back. If only one woman fends off an attack due to our training – ever – then we should all be very proud of our work and grateful that we were put in a position to help. Good luck to all with this important seminar.

unstpabl1

6 year old girl fended off an attack in LA yesterday. Stabbed the attacker in the face with a pen

vwr32

quote Ryan:

smarmy asshole

Ooo…. THAT would make one heck of a forum title!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: