Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Through A Rapist’s Eyes

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Re: Through A Rapist’s Eyes

Sorry, I was just worried that receiving comments such as “Seriously – shut the hell up!” might discourage some people from posting. Not me, though, so keep it coming I suppose… ;):

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Giant Killer:

Sorry, I was just worried that receiving comments such as “Seriously – shut the hell up!” might discourage some people from posting. Not me, though, so keep it coming I suppose… ;):

Obviously your fan club is growing

paragon

Some of that stuff is useful, but just needs to be qualified and explained.

Yelling “stop”? It’s a good one. Just not all the time. I mean, picture me at Publix and yelling “stop” to the mom and 12 yr old coming out with their cart, passing behind me on the way to their car. Have to put it in the right context. Seems obvious to us that we would do this if someone with “shifty eyes” comes towards us, but we all know people who would take it at face value.

Putting up the hand and yelling gets the attention of witnesses. Some goblins don’t want witnesses. He might choose another vitim. Or the witnesses can tell the cops that the guy was warned and then persisted in his attack before you defended yourself with Krav/your pepper spray/your gun.

Someone in a car produces a gun and orders you to get in? What is the Krav defense to that? Don’t tell me you are going to do a gun disarm. Yes, you run. To the back of the car. He will find it exceedingly difficult to get a bead on you. Keep moving, bad knees or not. The gun-toters on here can attest to how hard it is to hit a moving target. The further away you get, the smaller a target you are. Many of these goblins are not exactly Rob Leatham, and won’t be able to hit you. Get to cover. Produce your own weapon–wait, that’s another forum, sorry. 😉

Giant Killer said ” Same with “running when you see a gun”. Having studied a self-defense system and knowing gun defenses is of course much preferable to that option, but what if she knows nothing about fighting or weapons defenses and a guy pulls a gun on her in a parking lot and orders her into his car? Knowing that there would be a good chance that she might be killed if she complied (or at very least brutally raped), turning and running could be a better option than to actually do what the gunman tells her to. Of course, doing a gun defense, then retreating would be much better, but if she doesn’t know one, running may be all she has got and may carry less risks than the alternative.

This is not to defend those statements, just saying, under some circumstances, for people without any other kind of experience, they may have some validity.”

Preach it! People just need to NOT FREEZE. That is what I am trying to teach myself. To move, to draw my weapon, take some kind of action. Some women are stuck in that victim mentality–that there is nothing they can do to help themselves. Some of them will get it into their heads to learn something, some never will.

Education, that’s it. Too many people think that the knife and gun are magic, that there is no defense. Goblins think it too. They are mistaken. People need to learn just what is possible with a gun, and what is not. For cryin’ out loud, the bullet is not a heat-seeking missle! It doesn’t “home in” on the target. Even if a person is not wanting to carry a knife or gun for self-defense, at least know the realities of those weapons.

For sexual assualt awareness, the women need to get off the phone, pay attention to their surroundings, and stay away from the dangerous areas, if possible. And this nonsense about getting drunk? Do that at home! Talk about playing into someone’s hands!

Okay, I’m done. Dang, this soapbox is pretty high–hope I don’t hurt myself getting down. 🙂

giant-killer

quote CJs Dad:

Obviously your fan club is growing

And I thought we were all supposed to be civil… :OhMy:

Paragon,

Good points. I think it’s true that some people have a victim mentality, that as soon as they are accosted, they transfer power over to the assailant and feel they have no choice but to comply with whatever it is he is demanding from them. While in some situations compliance may be a safe option (simple robbery for example), in others (such as an attempted abduction) it may not be and trying to make some noise or to run away may be a better choice.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Giant Killer:

And I thought we were all supposed to be civil… :OhMy:

Don’t push your luck

brewerm

Thanks, I passed it on to my entire outlook contact database !

Muc appreciated,

Brewer McNeil

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: