Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kevin-mack

anyone know a place where they could be purchased for say $65 as opposed to the ridiculous price of $89??

mara-jade

Re: tombstone pads

Maybe check with your KM center. They may buy in bulk so maybe you could get a deal with them.:dunno:

vwr32

Century has something called an “uppercut shield” for $79.99
    http://www.CenturyMartialArts.com/Targets_and_Shields/Shields/Uppercut_Shield.aspx

But for the xtra ten dollars I’d rather support krav.

ryan

The Century pad is terrible…someone gave one to me, and it is nowhere near the same quality. It was free, and I still feel cheated.

quote Ryan:

It was free, and I still feel cheated.

That was the best negative product review I’ve ever read. thumbsup

I ended up getting a tombstone pad for $35 from the NTC. Every now and again they sell off all the old stuff. Some of it is in bad shape (nothing that can’t be fixed with a needle and some dental floss), but the pad I got was still very good. You might want to check with your school and see if they ever do anything like that.

J-

dkatman

J,

Can you please bring that back. These new tombstone pads have been tearing apart my thumbs. There is something about the way the handles have been rubbing me that is just killing me. My partners are starting the question the blood I am leaving on them when practicing chokes.

Dave

psyops

The new tombstone pads suck. It is that simple. They are horrible. We have sent two back after only having them 2 weeks. They tore in the exact same spot.

wyatt9696

i’ve found revgear to be really inconsistant with there products as of late. for example, got some tombstones that were extremely heavy, and others that were very light in comparison. imo, the quality as of late isn’t as good as they used to be. kickshields as well. it seems they’re using another manufacturer, or they have cut back on quality. not to mention their retail prices are quite high as well. i don’t mind spending the money, as long as the product is well made and durable.

ryan

They are having problems with the manufacturer…but I’m telling you, no matter what you think about them, the Century pad is a gazillion times worse.

wyatt9696

i was checking out the Windy leg kick pads “thai suitcase” it’s pretty versatile. you can do many kicks and strikes with them. there not tombstone versatile, but still good, none the less. like i said, if i’m going to spend 100.00 on a pad, it should hold up for quite some time. not trying to bash revgear, because they’ve always been very good, but something’s not the same with their line.

They have been having problems with the manufacturer. The new ones are heavier and supposed to avoid that “taco” effect, but we have also had problems with the tearing on the sides. As far as cost goes, I’m sure it has to do with the fact that due to stringent new environmental regulations, items like foam and some polymers have skyrocketed in price. Makes me want to beat on a tree hugger……

stevetuna

quote Jeremy Stafford:

Makes me want to beat on a tree hugger……

We’ve got plenty of them out here. They might make for adequate pad substitutes. Of course, if a tree-hugging hippie breaks, it’s much easier to throw him out and grab two or three more off of Main Street.

Great idea, Jeremy!

jay99

I can just hear the booming voices in class now.. ” OK, grab a partner, grab a tree hugger and GET TO WORK!” ” I want you punching through your tree hugger till there is nothing left!!”

I think it works… and instead of spending money on putting the KM label on we can simply dress them in the old sweat stained and ruined KM t-shirts and pants.

psyops

Or,

Revgear can simply stop shopping for the cheapest manufacturer they can find and make quality products. If the quality of our instruction was the same as the product they send us we would be out of business. Get your **** together Revgear. KMWW should hold these guys accountable!

kevin-mack

Despite Ryans hatred of them..I might end up getting a few of the Century pads due to the immediacy of my need and the fact that I found a wholesaler that sells them for around $35-$40 and I need to get about 6 right away. I can always upgrade down the line.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: