Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Training at other Krav Locations

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rq

I was wondering if other Krav Maga locations let students that belong to a different location train at their locations just to see how their training was?

Just something that popped up and I was wondering because I would love to see the sherman oaks location and the NTC if that were possible

😀

kravdaj

I am a member in Houston, and have trained in Kansas City and was allowed to train in Las Vegas(easily talked myself out of it).

If you are traveling, just drop the instructor an email and let them know when you will be in town and if they will let you come in and train. I usually offer to pay a \”daily rate\”, but have not had to.

I would point out not to abuse their generosity, train once or twice, but do not go daily for a month, without signing up for a membership.

It is a great experience to see how others train, and the differences in technique.

brentw

It is an agreement within the Krav Maga Worldwide schools that you can train at a school other than your own for a (as I recall) a week without having to pay. Longer than that or frequent visits and you should be supporting the school.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I might add that Brent is one of the head instructors at NTC so as was suggested you might shoot him a message youíd like to stop by. Iím sure he would welcome meeting you.

Both the Westside and SO locations have sched’s on the website so you can see class times.

I’d love to hear your thoughts after taking a class.

Sean~

giant-killer

Yeah, come on over, we’d love to have you…. 😀

guerriere

I e-mailed the Cleveland school before an upcoming vacation to visit family, and got no reply. 🙁

rq

wow it’s really great to see such camaraderie between all the schools. Sounds like great opportunity to check out the different styles of teaching, thank you everyone.

giant-killer

Guerriere, maybe just walk in there and surprise them… 🙂

guerriere

Re:

[quote:00774c1157=\”Giant Killer\”]Guerriere, maybe just walk in there and surprise them… 🙂

The Cleveland school will be afraid to mess with any DC kravvers after seeing what I’m capable of after a few days with my family! 😯

On my sign-up form where KMDC asks about previous martial arts experience, I wrote \”growing up with brothers!\”

giant-killer

😆 That’s probably the best kind of experience there is… 😉

paragon

Better still, walk in and challenge the instructor to a fight. 😯

cw4-ret-h

I’m lucky enough to travel to a number of cities around the country on business. I typically look up the nearest location and drop in. I’ve never e-mailed in advance (probably rude but I didn’t want to get an invite and find my schedule wouldn’t accommodate it on that day). I’ve been more than welcomed and invited to train in Phoenix, Miami, Washington DC, and Knoxville. I’ve found each and every instructor a little different in their approach but universally enthusiastic, professional, and competent. It also allowed me to compare my instructor in Chino Hills (Mike Johnson) with other Krav instructors and locations; and, as I expected to find, he ranks right up there with the best of them.

maskedkat

I’ve trained at the Berkeley KM while visiting the in-laws. Danny was very welcoming and told me to come back anytime.

kravfish

HI All,

I train in Detroit and have had the good fortune to train in Milwaukee, and Atlanta while traveling on business. A quick email of introduction and when I ‘d like to drop by was all that was needed. I was welcomed with open arms and had great experiences in both locations. This is part of what makes Krav Maga World wide great, it really is like an extended family.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: