Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Training/practice at home

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mgothers

Any recommendations for a bag to practice punching/etc at home? Or for that matter any to avoid buying??
    Thanks for any help!

-matt

don

Re: Training/practice at home

How much room do you have, what mounting options do you have, what do want to do/work on with your bag?

For solo training (combatives/personal weapons), I like a nice 6ft muay thai/”banana” bag (securely mounting it may not be that simple/easy) and a smaller “headhunter” bag. YMMV with brands – try to find one that offers a good warranty. Your preference on materials/designs. I prefer free swinging bags (suspended from above) over free standing (resting on the ground).

You can check out websites like Revgear, Ringside, Title Boxing, Fairtex, Nazo Boxing, etc… You can also check to see what your local gym/dojo/school uses and ask them where they got theirs and how much…

mgothers

Re: Training/practice at home

No ceiling mounting options…i’d have to get a stand if I went with a hanging bag.
    Definitely would like to work on punches and balance in my stance with punching. Not sure if there is a bag appropriate for kick’s or knees ???
    -matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: