Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Transferring to another (non-KMW) school?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    magpie

Has anyone ever “transferred” from a KMW facility to a non-KMW facility? If so, how was your experience? Did you need to start back at L1/white belt? Or did you have to test in order to demonstrate your proficiency?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Transferring to another (non-KMW) school?

quote Magpie:

Has anyone ever “transferred” from a KMW facility to a non-KMW facility? If so, how was your experience? Did you need to start back at L1/white belt? Or did you have to test in order to demonstrate your proficiency?

Its going to depend on the facility you transfer to. Most shouldn’t make a big deal about it.

oldkmdude

Re: Transferring to another (non-KMW) school?

I transferred from a KMW school to a KMG school (no problem with the KMG school, which was great, just moved to a different city). At the time I was a KMW orange belt. Although the techniques at each school were pretty similar, there were enough small differences that I felt I should just start over and learn them. In hindsight, I wish I would have asked to test or place out of P1 so that I could have started sparring or taking the P2-P3 classes sooner. After being used to the fight class and the intermediate level class at the KMW school, I got a little burnt out doing 3 months of straight P1. Probably wouldn’t hurt to ask if you’re going to a new school.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: