Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Anyone get a chance to watch this last night?

I was kind of under whelmed. I certainly expected more of the Silvia/Vera match up.

ryan

Vera broke his hand in round one, so I think that limited some of the potential fireworks.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Really? I thought that happened in a later round. It still seemed like he wasn’t listening to his corner that much.

I like Vera I just wish he would have used his kicks/knee’s a little more

ryan

Also, he’s coming off a year long layoff. Regarding the corner, many times, fighters have no idea what those guys are saying to them, which is why it is best to have one lead trainer, as opposed to two or three guys offering up advice.

From Vera:

\”In the first round I broke my left hand; I don’t know how the hell I did it,\” said the San Diego-based heavyweight. \”It kind of threw me off my game plan a little bit.\”

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

[quote:7f6da0aa82=\”Ryan\”]Also, he’s coming off a year long layoff. Regarding the corner, many times, fighters have no idea what those guys are saying to them, which is why it is best to have one lead trainer, as opposed to two or three guys offering up advice.
    [/quote:7f6da0aa82]

Agreed not to mention the crowd noise is overwhelming combined with adrenaline often fighters are so in the zone they get tunnel vision.

A good trainer/coach knows his fighter and how to get through to him but when he’s on the mat all bets are off.

The last UFC I was at I lost my voice from yelling so much.

giant-killer

So what happened? Who won? What about Franklin? I didn’t get to watch it, it’s getting a bit expensive shelling out 40 bucks every 4 weeks. Did I miss anything? Great KOs? Submissions?

rq

giant-killer

Wow, thanks for posting. Looks like a bad night for Franklin. Was the knee right after the punch or a bit later? What round? Was Franklin’s nose turned sideways again like last time? 😆

Does anyone know if this UFC (or others) will be repeated either on cable or regular TV (maybe SPIKE) and when then would be? That’s the good thing about boxing fights, one can usually see them a week later for \”free\” (on premium cable).

Who won the Sylvia fight? Just a decision?

mike-g
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: