Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge UFC: Randy vrs Dana Fight

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

A few weeks ago Randy Couture came out at a press conference and made some accusations about the UFC owners and management. Specifically citing that he was under paid and unappreciated.

In response Dana White president of the organization along with his partner and their CFO came out to answer those allegations.

During Danaís press conference he had copies of all of the cashed checks etc basically stating that Randy grossly mislead people with false statements about his earnings.

Now I have my own opinions about what really is going on but Iíd love to hear other peoples thoughts first.

Heres a few links

Randy’s press conferance

Dana’s Response

Comments?

blindfold

Well usually I just watch UFC fights, not the politics of it.

Randy’s cmments may swing people away from UFC and to Pride so Dana White was taking a save viewers type of approach.

I don’t doubt that both of them had some truth to them, but Dana has more to lose, so he may lie more.

Just a thought.

jesse-rk

The UFC purchased Pride earlier this year. There is not much competition left for the UFC. BoDog, IFL, Elite XC, etc. do not have the viewer ship the UFC does. I’m not sure Dana has more to lose on a personal or financial level than Randy.

People will watch MMA whether Randy is there or not. I’m not sure, however, how many people will watch a prequel to the Scorpion King, staring a former Power Ranger (Michael Copon), and Randy Couture as the main villain.

I like Randy. I just don’t see him as an actor. I hope he does well for himself though.

mike-g

Speaking of Randy acting….He had a main role in last weeks episode of the Unit on CBS.

unstpabl1

Randy did a good job in the 2 episodes of The Unit I saw. So whose ever coaching him did a good job as well

rq

I don’t watch UFC and don’t even know who Randy is, but IMO it’s pretty petty for him or anyone else to complain about the money they are making. They signed contracts I’m sure stating how much money they are going to make, if they don’t like the amounts being offered guess what? They can say no.

clfmak

Not really relevant, but Don Frye was in the last Godzilla movie I watched.

resqr1

I believe he is complaining because Chuck Lidell has been making 1 million dollars per fight since he beat Tito Ortiz in UFC 47. He even got it for his last fight without being the champ. Randy’s been making half that, even after being champion again, for what… the fifth time? They have no rhyme or reason to their contracts.

unstpabl1

Outside observers are so weird when it comes down to the money athletes or entertainers make. They hear a million dollar contract and think nothing else matters. I read one time that Michael Jordan was worth over 100 billion dollars to the world economy. So how much do you pay him? Certain actors, not only put asses in the seats, but because they say yes put 1000 people to work. How much is he worth?.

On top of which, how many other people eat off that stars contract? Just to start you lose 35% to your agent and business manager. Taxes what another 30%. Then there is security as well as all the other life expenses. Athletes add trainers and training partners

Whatever Randy’s grievences are, they are between him and Dana White & co. We have no idea what he was told or promised or how he was treated. we don’t know what his goals are. He is not a young man and like anyone else is looking out for his best interests and possibly legacy. Who does he fight in the UFC that uplifts his status. The only fight that makes sense is Fedor. And that ain’t gonna happen in the UFC. And how many fights does he have in him.

remember the UFC is trying to monopolize MMA. Too much control leads to corupt things

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: