Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Unable to make Krav Maga class…what about JKD?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    apywh

Hi all,

All summer I had been really looking forward to starting krav maga in 2 weeks, and read loads about it, but unfortunately I overlooked the location of one of the 2 weekly classes, and my dad is not willing to pay the monthly fee if I can only make one a week (understandable on his part!).

However, there is this “hardcore jeet do”:

http://www.nottinghamjeetkunedo.org.uk/index.php

http://www.hjkdcgfa.com/

I’m slightly put off by the cheesy-ish website and “hardcore” in the name, and after a brief internet search it looks OK.

I want to learn self defence (not interested at all in competition type stuff, I really need the most practical thing I can find), and even if this JKD isn’t wonderful (i.e. if doesn’t teach knives or multiple attackers), I’m presuming that it’s better than nothing?

Thanks!

esquire32

Re: Unable to make Krav Maga class…what about JKD?

Try speaking to the school owner/Head instructor and simply ask if he’d reduce the monthly for a once a week deal. Most schools are fairly flexible in the tuition department, especially with students and youth. My guess is they would rather have a new young,eager student once a week for a reduced rate than not at all. Doesn’t hurt to ask.. never know.

apywh

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve decided to go for Muay Thai instead as it seems better value for money at the moment (it’s ridiculously cheap) and the instructors are good (not that the krav maga one’s aren’t!). Plus, I’ve noticed a lot of good krav guys have done muay thai anyway so it can’t be a bad thing to do!

kmman

I think you’d get a lot out of that JKD. They are in a very good lineage. It’s original JKD. So if the instructor is good you can get a lot out of it. See if there is a free trial.

Then again, one can never go wrong with Muay Thai.

Let us know how you do!

krav-math

I have the same question as apywh, but I was wondering if anyone had a studio/dojo/gym they could recommend for Huntington Beach, CA.

I trained 8 months in Krav but our class schedule was changed and doesn’t work for me. Very disappointed but would like to continue training something.

Thank you

krav-math

Never mind . . . we are going to tough it out with the late nights and get it done. We looked around and nothing compare to Krav and the instructors we have.

mrbump

I don’t know if you are still looking as I see the original post is a year old, but KM Nottingham now has a new location and training facility. Might be better or worse for you, I don’t know – but both sessions are now at the same venue. http://kravmaga-nottingham.co.uk

silliboy

I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed.

My guess is they would rather have a new young,eager student once a week for a reduced rate than not at all. Doesn’t hurt to ask.. never know.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: