Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    kevin-mack

what do you think of them?
    does your school use them?
    would a required uniform turn you off to a school?
    I tend to like them for many different reasons as long as they arent used as a way to increase the schools profits.

psyops

Re: uniforms

Kevin,

Eyal and others are looking for the video you requested. I wil let you know when they get back to me

kevin-mack

sweet.
    Thanks.

oldkravdude

I think that the reason Krav is so big with adults is that there aren’t any. I don’t even make them wear Krav t-shirts or those damned Krav sweat pants.

quote Kevin Mack:

what do you think of them?
    does your school use them?
    would a required uniform turn you off to a school?
    I tend to like them for many different reasons as long as they arent used as a way to increase the schools profits.

Because god forbid we make a profit, right? Even before I owned a school I liked the uniform idea, this is a Military system so the uniform is appropriate. I give the students a shirt and a choice of krav shorts or pants when they enroll, so they come in ready to go. The student can then either stay on top of their laundry or buy another shirt or two. I don’t see the problem with using the proshop as a revenue stream, as some months it’s paid the rent. Landlords and utility companies don’t give a **** about the love of the system……

bracius

Tend to agree with you Jeremy and the garb that KMWW puts out is good stuff. I’ve been known to wear a T-Shirt and wind pants in public so it is not a far cry from the “would be” event.

Our school doesn’t require them of students but most students do buy the garb out of respect. We’re adults, we understand how rent works and Krav Maga has given me such much that I am happy to grease the wheels

Well, I know that not everybody is crazy about the pants, that’s why we started offering the shorts option. But seriously, I think that a “uniform” of a shirt and athletic pants is forward thinking and not prohibative. I do understand that people coming from a TMA backgound might be wary of any “uniform” after having to buy a new Gi with new trim every other belt promotion. I think that there is a good balance to be found between running a business and not taking advantage of students.

parishd

I have never been a big fan of uniforms, for myself at least, but I do understand their purpose. Our school does not require them, but we still would have joined if they had been required. We may even buy shirts/shorts if we last long enough.

Also, I really don’t understand the bit about not wanting to increase the schools profits. I like our school, the owner, the teachers, and I want it/them to be around for the long haul. We will buy any equipment we need from them, even if sometimes it’s a bit pricier than elsewhere, for the same reason. The only valid reason I can think of to complain about this would be if a school routinely interrupted classes to push their wares, thus cutting into training time.

kmman

As long as its not silly pajamas its fine. A school “uniform” made up of logo’d athletic wear is fine. I would suggest choices of colors…if not the pants then at least a few colors available for shirts.

huginn

We wear “uniforms”, just a simple white T-shirt with IKMF logo and sturdy black fightpants. Especially the pants are great, because they can withstand the groundfighting exercises.

paragon

I love the pants! Cuts down on shaving. 😉 We are wearing the KM t/s. I don’t feel like a dork, really–I like it. Just wish there was an “underarmor” version of the shirt–the t/s gets soaked and takes forever to dry.

I have taken to wearing some shorts, but they are adidas, not KM. That’s because of the knee brace. I’d love some KM shorts, but don’t see any in the “official” shop.

kmman

I think a true uniform (Not school T’s) would send the wrong message to the adult crowd. I even think Tiger Schulmann has gone more casual as they move to a more MMA type philosophy.

Nothing wrong with T Shirts because it’s something we all need and it helps the school generate revenue. We, as students, should try to buy as much from the school pro shop as we can to support the school…thats just my opinion. If Im going to buy gloves, I’ll buy from my school.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Paragon:

I love the pants! Cuts down on shaving. 😉 .

hhmmm never looked at it that way

miche

quote Paragon:

I love the pants! Cuts down on shaving. 😉 We are wearing the KM t/s. .

Soooo true!!

ruger45

I have a pair of shorts and the wind pants with the red stripes. I’ve done some some of my daliy duties in my work out gear after class. The pants are pretty cool in my opinion. thumbsup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: