Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    kvmorl

Re: uniforms

Anybody that trains at NTC willing to ship me a pair of camo Krav shorts? Keep a few bucks for the favor…thumbsup

Emailed a couple of ppl at NTC but no luck so far..

I just began my KM training, but the school I go to doesnt wear uniforms. Personally, I wouldn’t mind wearing a krav shirt and sweatpants but I wouldnt want to wear a huge garb with a belt and everything… i think that would be a little bit too much

zen4me

quote TheMedicineMaestro:

I just began my KM training, but the school I go to doesnt wear uniforms. Personally, I wouldn’t mind wearing a krav shirt and sweatpants but I wouldnt want to wear a huge garb with a belt and everything… i think that would be a little bit too much

Yikes! Sweatpants would be a bad idea. Ugh, the cotton Krav shirts are bad enough as it is, but you do not want to wear sweatpants…1. you’ll roast, 2. you’ll have to move in drenched heavyweight cotton material, 3. teh chafe is awful

But I’m with you on the TMA uniform, while I’m running around having fun in wind pants, my girlfriend looks like she’s wearing jammies to class with her TKD uniform.

bear34

quote Huginn:

We wear “uniforms”, just a simple white T-shirt with IKMF logo and sturdy black fightpants. Especially the pants are great, because they can withstand the groundfighting exercises.

My IKMF site will soon require us to buy IKMF pants. I’m not pleased and I don’t think the owner is either. Being forced by the IKMF I guess. They are nice pants but cost $40. I bought two pairs of Champions at about $17 per pair. They are virtually the same pant minus the IKMF logo.

hezinet21

Had the same problem with getting uniforms but i settled by getting a Krav Maga T-Shirt from this site which has a huge selection of Krav-Maga T Shirts & Hoodies.The service was gr8 & fast.

http://www.israeli-t.com/Krav-Maga-t-shirts/

Hope this helped.

At the school I used to take Krav they required an ATA branded shirt and pants, and you had to buy a different colored shirt for every level you attained. When I was at Hybrid Academy of Martial Arts (I wish to GOD that they’d get a Krav program there) in Va Beach, you got the Thai shorts and a school shirt for your initial uniform, or a BJJ Gi and school shirt. After that you could wear the given Thai shorts (which were of good quality and lasted a long time, I still haven’t worn them out!) or any gym or mma-type short you wanted to as long as it didn’t have offensive text or logos, but you had to wear the school shirt for the fundamental level class. For the bag conditioning you could wear any, or no shirt. I am a huge fan of that right there.

bradm

I trained Krav at two different ATA schools and we wore the standard Krav t-shirt and pants. Same color shirt for all levels. If someone showed up in shorts and a different type T-shirt – it was okay. Nothing was said. however, most wore the Krav gear.

thecrownsown

quote Paragon:

I love the pants! Cuts down on shaving. 😉 We are wearing the KM t/s. I don’t feel like a dork, really–I like it. Just wish there was an “underarmor” version of the shirt–the t/s gets soaked and takes forever to dry.

I have taken to wearing some shorts, but they are adidas, not KM. That’s because of the knee brace. I’d love some KM shorts, but don’t see any in the “official” shop.

I second the underarmour or form fitted shirts. Cotton work out shirts are pretty much obsolete.

Does KMWW have shirts like this, or would they look into it?

kmyoshi

Yes they do have moisture wicking t-shirts like Under Armour. I have 3 sets of them. I forget what brand they are but they are very good. I wear them every time I train and they leave me dry and comfortable. If you can’t find it at your proshop, ask the front desk for it and they’ll let you know if they carry it or not.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: