Home Forums Moved Threads/Posts Vanguard Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    kravmg

I was wondering if anyone could give me more information on Vanguard Krav Maga out of Santa Clara, CA. They claim to offer the best training in the area.
    They are offering an Instructor Certification for free and claim to be very similar to Worldwide in their curriculum. Their royalty fees only kick in after 90 days. Hypothetically, if you were level 3 in a different organization like Worldwide and became a member of a new school, would you have to start from the very beginning or test at your present level?
    Thank you kindly for your help, and sorry for the long question.

kevinmack

Re: Vanguard Krav Maga

I find it suspect that they dont mention who they are and what their qualifications are. What qualifies them to certify instructors? Are they KM black belts from a legit source? etc.etc.

kevinmack

I find it suspect that they dont mention who they are and what their qualifications are. What qualifies them to certify instructors? Are they KM black belts from a legit source? etc.etc.

mara-jade

I find that odd as well. I don’t know how other organizations do it but at Pete’s (KMWW), all the instructors’ certifications are posted in plain view for anyone to see and are also posted online.

I would expect to see some organization listed:dunno:

kevinmack

after looking in to it I see that its not as sketchy as I thought but still sketchy none the less.

lions2011

I would only go to certified KM schools that are listed on this home page. Those are the ones certified by the HQ in LA and are real and authentic KM.
    This vanguard place seems very fishy.

psyops

Well,

I was at MAIA here in Las Vegas this year. I saw at least three different Krav Maga organizations and none of these were any of the ones that you would have heard of . The world is a big place and apparently there is no shortage of Krav Maga organizations. It does not matter because all instructors are not created the same anyways. Just get on the mat with them and you can judge for yourself. Incidentally I know one of the guys associated with these cats. I think he used to belong to KMWW some years ago.

kevinmack

Yeah..it seems like a guy who got his black belt from KMWW and then promoted a bunch of his students to black belt in “vanguard krav maga” in 2010 which misleads people in to thinking they are legit Krav Maga black belts.

psyops

Kevin,

If he is a Black Belt what would preclude him from promoting his students? How is that different from the self appointed Grandmasters running around Krav Maga now?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Psyops:

If he is a Black Belt what would preclude him from promoting his students? How is that different from the self appointed Grandmasters running around Krav Maga now?

Integrity just seems lost on some folks. (shakes head)

bear34

quote KevinMack:

Yeah..it seems like a guy who got his black belt from KMWW and then promoted a bunch of his students to black belt in “vanguard krav maga” in 2010 which misleads people in to thinking they are legit Krav Maga black belts.

Who gets to choose who is legit?

kevinmack

well..according to the standards set by Imi you can only promote to two ranks below you. A black belt can only promote up to blue. You have to be at least a 3rd degree black belt in order to promote a student to black belt. Thats why the minimum rank to be an instructor was green belt.

bear34

quote KevinMack:

well..according to the standards set by Imi you can only promote to two ranks below you. A black belt can only promote up to blue. You have to be at least a 3rd degree black belt in order to promote a student to black belt. Thats why the minimum rank to be an instructor was green belt.

Not trying to start a fight, but has Darren Levine raised in rank since Imi died? If so, who gave him his current rank?

kevinmack

He got a few additional ranks from Eyal Yanilov I believe. Its a legit ranking.

bear34

quote KevinMack:

He got a few additional ranks from Eyal Yanilov I believe. Its a legit ranking.

My point is that the legitimacy of someones ranking is somewhat subjective. I watched a few Youtube videos from Vanguard and they looked pretty legit. I just saw the comments criticizing Vanguard as sounding like, “My Krav is better than your Krav.” I think until they are proven fraudulent they should be treated as legitimate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: