Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    carpecanis

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Has anybody tried these things? I’m in a constant quest to find decent shoes for KM that won’t stick to the mat and cause more knee damage. I’ve been going shoeless lately but I’d prefer to wear something on my feet. These look like an interesting, if unique, compromise.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Vibram Five Fingers

I have an advanced fight student who wears them and swears by them, once we all stop laughing at him of course.

kirsten

One of my pro-fighters wear them on the mat also, for striking and grappling. He also runs in them (yeah i know…) but he also swears by them.

saruotoko

quote CJs Dad:

I have an advanced fight student who wears them and swears by them, once we all stop laughing at him of course.

Who stopped laughing at him? I still laugh at him when he wears them! 🙂

don

Those ARE pretty funky! Seems like the wearer might be more susceptible to small joint toe manipulations… thumbsup

gwalsh-d92

They are getting popular in the kettlebell circles.

carpecanis

quote Don:

Those ARE pretty funky! Seems like the wearer might be more susceptible to small joint toe manipulations… thumbsup

You’re right. I’d forgotten about the dreaded little-piggy bar…. ‘NO! Please, not the one that went to market!’

kirk

Carpe: Couple of guys at our TC wear those in class. Josh (the Kettle Bell guy) not usually there in the evening and a lvl 1 guy Jason. Again they swear by them. You can ask them next time you’re around.

I wonder if you can get an eye strike with your toes with those?

carpecanis

I was watching the one fella in action in L1 last night. Looked like they were working great for him. Turns out that Justin has a pair too, but he doesn’t do any KM stuff with them on.

Neat as those toe-glove things look, I have visions of loosing a pinky-toe while sparring. Now I’m leaning towards Savate shoes… We’ll see, I’m not having any real problems w/ my current shoes so I should probably stick w/ them.

udjat

I have a pair – Love them to death.. never wore them to KM class though.
    I use them for barefoot running :woohoo:

-Eric

omfgnoogies

they sound cool, but anyone know how they would work if you have long toes?

russell

to quote adam sandler in happy gilmore “if i wore that id have to kick my own a$$”rofl2

kirk

I actually might try it. Carpe, I know a few people were wrestling shoes. That’s what i’ve been wearing. Jeff Mount wears them when training too.

inky

A guy had them in class the other day… look interesting.
    He said he loves’em and that the grip is relativly low. I Found’em at REI for like $75… Think ill pass i can get a bomb pair of Osiris for half that.
    Though if they were more reasonbly priced id totaly consider them.

I wear them. Yeah the look funky but feel great! You get the barefoot feel but a lil extra protection, and you dont have dirty feet at the end of class.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: