Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    paul

there seems to be a virus attached to this website. i noticed at home when i logged on that my antivirus was stopping something and now my trendmicro scanner stopped 5 trojan virus attempts.

mara-jade

Re: virus

I haven’t had any problems and I’m using Avast Internet Suite. I did find something did try to download over on the main KM website and I reported it to the admin.

I suggest since you say it’s coming from the forum, copy and paste the messages to a post to the forum Admin so it can be checked out.

psyops

Mara,

It’s true. There is something wrong. My anti virus software has traced the source of the trojan back to the website.

mara-jade

That’s probably the same one I got from Avast. The forum itself that I see from Avast is fine but yes KMWW’s main site has something going on.

I have tried to get online twice today from two different computers. The antivirus on one computer blocked access to this site; the antivirus on this computer gave me a warning but allowed me to continue. Something is definitely wrong and I will do a system scan as soon as I log off here.

Cheers,
    DR

mara-jade

Ok, folks-got in touch with the folks at KMMW-word has been sent to their web person to check this out.

bradm

Thanks mara-jade. I’ve also picked up a warning when I log onto the forum. My anti-virus lets me continue if I choose to.

mara-jade

Oh me too Brad. Avast blocked the offending file from the main site and I could get in fine.

Folks-just make sure your antivirus is updated and if you want some extra protection, I highly recommend Malwarebytes. The free version is great but to be able to schedule (updates,scan) and real-time protection, the extra $$ is well spent:wav:

http://malwarebytes.org/

Anonymous

Thanks for the alerts everybody,
    Please accept our apologies! Our security team is trying to find the culprit. We think we may have found it, but we need to check into a few more things.

If you continue to get warnings please let us know the details and we’ll try to clamp down on it asap!:

You can always send an email directly to [email protected]

Also, mara_jade gave some great advice, always keep your antivirus software updated.

bjelder

Life is good when you’re a mac owner :woohoo:

udjat

Dont feel to safe bjelder…

http://nsbnews.net/content/254325-safari-iphone-hacked-first-day-pwn2own-contest-pc-world

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/22/iwork-09-trojan-infects-at-least-20-000-machines
    Security through obscurity is not real security.

(BTW I am a Mac owner as well)

kmky

at the PWN2OWN challenge, didn’t Mac get hacked first?

paul

i am still having trouble loggin onto the main site. when i logged onto the forum through the email link, i had no trouble.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: