Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Wanna know how the internet REALLY started?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    miriam

In ancient Israel , it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot.

And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she was frequently called Amazon Dot Com.

And she said unto Abraham, her husband, she said, “Why dost thou travel so far from town to town with thy goods, when thou canst trade without ever leaving thy tent?”

And Abraham did look at Dot as though she were several saddlebags short of a camel load, but said, simply, “And just how should I doeth that, dearest?”

And Dot replied, “In every town, I shall placeth drums, and, too, drums in between towns, to sendeth messages telling of the fine goods you have for sale. Your buyers will then replyeth, asking of your very best price. Then, lo..!, the sale can be confirmed on these drums and delivery well accomplished by Uriah’s Pony Stable (UPS).

And so it came to pass that Abraham, having thought long and hard, decided to let Dot have her way with the drums. And so the drums sounded well and were an immediate success, and Abraham, without ever having lefteth his tent, sold verily all his goods at top price.

But this success did indeed arouseth envy. A man named Maccabia did secrete himself inside Abraham’s drum and was accused of insider trading.

And hordes of young men did take to Dot Com’s trading as doth the greedy horsefly take to camel dung. These men were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Siderites – or NERDS for short.

And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to the drum maker, one Brother William of Gates, who had bought up every drum company in the land. And, indeed, he did insisteth on making drums that would worketh only with Brother Gates’ own drumheads and drumsticks.

And Dot did say, “Oh, Abraham, what we have begun I fear is being taken over by others..!”

And, as Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel , or, as it came to be known, “eBay”, he said, “Dot, we must haveth a name of our own that reflects exactly who we are.”

And instantly Dot replied, “Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators.”

“YAHOO..!!” said Abraham.

And so, that is how it all began. It wasn’t Al Gore after all.

mara-jade

Re: Wanna know how the internet REALLY started?

Oh geezrofl2. I liked that:D:

giant-killer

Man, Miriam, you’re full of weirdness and I say that with the love… ;):

miriam

quote Giant Killer:

Man, Miriam, you’re full of weirdness and I say that with the love… ;):

Hmmmm… weirdness, really? Nah. More like just plain silliness.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I was furiously emailing this to friends yesterday LOL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: