Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Weapon techniques, variations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    petern

I have just started learning basics in how we use sticklike weapons and knives in krav maga. I am curious if there are various strategies pending on situations… like, if we use icepick hold on knives preferably sometimes and vice versa? Do we go with weapon in strong/lead hand first sometimes and other times not? And so on… Anyone more experienced that could sum it up a bit for me? Something for a clip perhaps, Kevin Mack?;): Big fan of your vids btw!

don

Re: Weapon techniques, variations

Re: summing up edged weapons – the pointy end goes into the other guy… :D: (I wish I could remember which one of my instructors passed along that wisdom to me but my Old Timer’s is acting up – my best guess would be Tuhon Tom Kier… ;): )

petern

Hahaha, guess everyone knows the krav secret then, no need for us to train nomore:woohoo:

don

And to answer your first two questions, yes and yes. Train while holding your knife in both forward and reverse grips. Practice weapon side forward and weapon side back. Spar/test to see what works best for you under specific conditions…

petern

Thank you Don! While at it… do we train handling two weapons at once? For example having knife in one and stick/club in the other? This combo I find interesting myself while playing around… Seems kind of hard to defend against if you use the knife as jab-tool while closing distance and then following up with attacking with the club. Is this good thinking, or am I missing something?

don

Baston y daga, espada y daga, doble daga, etc are all interesting/fun to train, spar, and/or play around with. Around here in So Cal though, you always run the risk of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mur-c5IiWJI

As far as practical, can you think of a time where you’d be wielding a stick and knife at the same time or defending against someone wielding both a stick and a knife at the same time?

Btw, if you do play around, are you exploring all four possibilities (right hand lead – right hand stick & left hand knife, right hand knife & left hand stick; left hand lead – left hand stick & right hand knife, left hand knife & right hand stick)? Also, sometimes try using the stick to make your entry and then the knife while you’re in close…

You can probably find some videos on youtube if you check “stick and knife” or “baston daga”, “espada daga”, or watch through some of the dog brothers gathering highlight videos – they have both common and crazy match ups in there…

kathi

When me and my friend tried to practice some, I found that Gun disarms are easy, but knife disarms get a little tricky since it’s harder for me to close the gap and use the common joust defense and I am totally lost when it comes to having a knife held from behind the seat (again a gun disarm from this position feels so much easier and everything feels easier from a chair than in a car)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: