Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Again, I’m new. . . is there any escrima (stick) or bo or jo weapons training in KM? Thanks in advance.

Re: Weapons?

If you are talking about do you train on how to defend against sticks , yes there is but you stated you are new so you should focus on the basics before you worry about any sort of weapon defense .

lions2011

KRav has 2 main stick defenses. Dozens of gun defenses and knives all depending on the angle of attack.
    Took me 2 solid years to learn the basics only of all weapons.
    Still I never want to test it out lol

anjleena123
    Blocked

And this influence , also to a sizable coffee had fantastic concepts to the fashion world output every

quote lions2011:

Took me 2 solid years to learn the basics only of all weapons.

You must not be paying attention, or are trying to think too far ahead of the lesson.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote TacticalTimmy:

You must not be paying attention, or are trying to think too far ahead of the lesson.

And evidently he has a smaller curriculum than the rest of us too.

“KRav has 2 main stick defenses.”

tzrider

quote CJs Dad:

And evidently he has a smaller curriculum than the rest of us too.

“KRav has 2 main stick defenses.”

Not sure where he’s training, but IKMA has a single defense that applies to overhead, from the side (1 or 2 handed) and an attack to the knee from the side. They have a slightly different variation for off angle. That would generally qualify as two defenses.

If he’s not training with IKMA, then I don’t know what he’s talking about.

lions2011

Sorry they have several other stick defenses for off angle things. I did not mention.
    I was referring to the stick overhand defense and baseball bat one as the main ones.

Yes it took me 2 years to feel comfortable . Why?? Because I am a tad slow and this whole weapon thing is brand new to me.
    I feel now, I know all the basic stuff fairly well. However, I never care to test it out.

lions2011

I train World Wide Krav maga

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: