Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

Man, that CJ is one smart 2-year-old. Already living and training on his own is Wisconsin. And so eloquent! 😆

Gk, smarter than you know, cause he chose to move to Wisconsin from Cali. Better dairy, beef and the Packers. I’m betting he moved because there was no NFL team in LA. Obviously. I’m bias being from Milwaukee

cj

GK, with my very best Elvis impersonation I say \”thank you, thank you very much\”! However, I must come clean, I am not the son of CJs Dad. It was fun while it lasted, though. I’ll still take the eloquent part, if that’s ok?

unstpabl1, did you train in KM in Wisconsin?

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”CJ\:

GK, with my very best Elvis impersonation I say \”thank you, thank you very much\”! However, I must come clean, I am not the son of CJs Dad. It was fun while it lasted, though. I’ll still take the eloquent part, if that’s ok?

unstpabl1, did you train in KM in Wisconsin?

No, don’t train krav now 😆 I’ve been out of Wisconsin for over 20 years, insearch of Infamy and Misfortune or Obscurity and Poverty 😆

We knew you weren’t the prodigal son. I doubt he can type and I’m pretty sure his spelling sucks at the moment. It’ll get better in a few years when the real CJ hits preschool

cjs-dad
    Keymaster
    unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”CJs Dad\:

Cool, I got the exact same keyboard 😀 Um, er, maybe I shared too much 😳

cj

unstpabl1, you really burst my bubble, I thought I was th real CJ! 😯

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”CJ\:

unstpabl1, you really burst my bubble, I thought I was th real CJ! 😯

Sorry 🙁 But you can aspire to the real CJ’s krav prowess as demonstrated on CJ’s Dad’s avatar 😉

duncanw

Hi folks, my name is Duncan, and I’ve been training at Troy Straith’s Evolution Martial Arts here in the Vancouver area for about a year and a half. I originally had been looking for a no-nonsense martial art to add to my always-prepared skillset for years, and KM was it, but the nearest school was Evolution’s studio about 40km from me, so that was out. When I heard they had opened a school in downtown Vancouver, I was there signing up within a few days! I am an avid firearms enthusiast, and I find Krav is an excellent additon to my defensive skills in that area. A shooter without a gun is what? Nothing without some unarmed training. 😀
    I recently developed some serious lateral epicondylitis aka \”tennis elbow\” from work, Krav and home reno’s, so I’m hoping I can get through it and better with the help of some of the helpful people and threads here.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Great signature Duncan.. cracked me up.

Good luck with the elbow, one of my regular training partners has something similar and started wearing elbow pads which he says helps if nothing more then to remind him not to smack it into anything. I think Rev Gear might be coming out with something soon too. If I see it Iíll shoot you a message.

duncanw

Thanks Sean, I’ll look into that. For now, I’m going to be training basically without a right arm. I haven’t decided to sling it or just try not to use it, but I suspect it’ll get some unintentional use if I don’t sling it.
    It’ll be good practice to fight with a full set of weapons. We do that sort of thing all the time in tactical firearms training: shooting, reloading etc with the weak hand or from a disadvantage position.

myside-aghh

Hello!!!!
    I saw a KM documentary and researched on the web and am hooked.
    LOVE it!!
    I’m looking for a little advice. I’m smart, decently athletic and have studied basic military self defense on and of for 15 years, along with basic police defense and kung fu forms. My question is, I have signed up for levels one and two instructor trainer courses early next year and I’m asking do any of you know if the instructor teaches well enough to ensure that you pass the course.

Thanks

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

[quote:e35a3c3708=\”myside_aghh\”]I have signed up for levels one and two instructor trainer courses early next year and I’m asking do any of you know if the instructor teaches well enough to ensure that you pass the course.
    [/quote:e35a3c3708]

Interesting question, I say interesting because I always assumed the onus was on me if I passed or failed.

I guess my opinion would be that if someone is qualified to do instructor training they would have already been vetted as a good instructor able to do the transfer of knowledge.

Where are you taking phase at?

myside-aghh

Cjs dad wrote: Interesting question, I say interesting because I always assumed the onus was on me if I passed or failed.

Ok first of all what is an \”onus\”??? and second of all, all I meant was I have never been formally trained in KM and have only read and practiced with the literature publications. Could someone like me, if I am enthusiastic and pay attention, pass ? This is in no way any reference to the quality of the instructor. What i’m asking is do they teach in a way for those who have only studied kung fu or something like that?

Thanks

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

LOL I misunderstood your questions 🙂

From personal experience if you train hard take good notes and with a little luck you can pass.

And even if you didnít phase A is one of the best experiences Iíve had in martial arts I would advise anyone who has the opportunity to take it even if you have no plans to be a future instructor. The exposure is well worth the effort.

w8less

First Post

Finally I’ve decided to stop being a \”lurker\” and so, without further chit chat on my part here I go:

My name is Miguel, 30 years old and disturbingly fascinated by KM. Before joining NTC I wanted to take Jiu Jitsu, but unfortunately the Sensei at the place I was going to join passed away and so the dojo entered a month long mourning which prompted me to find alternatives.

After a thorough search on different martial arts and deep thought I realized that I needed something different, more \”to the point\” given my condition (I’m on the small side of the scale, only 144 lbs, 5′ 8\”).

Once I set foot at NTC I was utterly convinced that it was the place to be. About a month has passed since my first class and after a brief pause (due to a nasty bronchitis) I’m back again to training.

I would like to meet with some of you and talk about your perspectives, technique and especially experience. Giant Killer, if you have some time, I would love to talk with you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: