Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Welcome -cmon Introduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 567 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Sure, anytime. I’m the little one beating up on the big guys (hence the name \”Giant Killer\” 😈 ). Well, okay, on occasion they beat up on me… 🙁 But very, very rarely, honestly… 8)

I’m usually there Saturdays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays. Black pants with torn red stripes, somewhat faded out T-shirts, short brown hair and carrying lots of equipment I never bother to buy a bag for. 😆 You could also ask at the front office, they could point you into the right direction.

I hope you’ll enjoy your training at the NTC and keep on posting, too! 😀

mara-jade

Welcome Miguel! Nothing disturbing about it – glad to read you wanna learn 😀 . I’m just getting over bronchitis myself..missing a week of Krav can suck but you get over it 😀

If you’ve got questions, ask. I stopped being scared of asking recently – only dumb question is the one not asked.

ENJOY 8)

dirtnapper

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Rick. I am happily married and have 2 boys (17 & 16).
    Now that I am approaching 40, I feel that a more direct approach to my health and wellbeing is what is needed. And if my wife and I get into shape in the process of learning these techniques…THEN LIFE IS GOOD!
    I have taken other styles of martial arts training. As with all things, it lasts about year or so. And then life happens and it takes you a while to get back to your former self. It has been several years (4) since I have done any real training or workouts for that matter.
    In the coming weeks I hope to be in training and getting back in some form of shape (besides a circle).

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Rick

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Hi Rick..
    As they say \”life Happens\”

Good to see you on the way back and training.

BTW I sent you an email…. I need you to stop by Beverlys BBQ and ship me some ribs I’m homesick 🙂

skibum

Hello

Hello evryone. I am new to forum, although I’ve been looking for info here on and off.
    I’m 44, have been training in KM for about 4 yrs. Passed level 1 and level 2 tests, with level 3 coming up.

Training at Capobinaco’s ATA in E. Brunswick, NJ. I like it, learned alot, became fitter, toughened up. Can’t compare my school to other KM schools, ’cause I’ve not been to any others.
    Have some Judo experience from my college days – I think it helps me in ground work.

Have a son who’s training in TKD at the same place as me. Too bad we have no KM for kids here (starting frm 13 and up). Plan to send him to self-defence/MMA, Son Lung or Hapkido after he gets his black belt. Hope to lure him to KM when he turns of age. 😉

Alex

chukm

Hello, my name is Charlie and I’m just getting started in KM.

I’m training at Rocky Mountain Krav Maga in their new Aurora, CO location.

I’ve been lurking here on the forums for a while, and there’s lots of good information here. Thanks for the great questions and answers.

Hey, my name is Tim and I’ve been doing Krav for about 1 month now.

I’m training at ATA Black Belt studio in Virginia Beach, VA.

I started KM as an alternative to smoking which I quit about 2 months ago and want to get in the best shape of my life.

Will be a long road as I am 40 and overweight as well but looking forward to the journey.

Love the forums and I see a lot of helpful knowledgeable people here.

Thanks

jburtonpdx

Re:

[quote:0ae8d2c773=\”HazardousSmoker\”]Hey, my name is Tim and I’ve been doing Krav for about 1 month now.

I started KM as an alternative to smoking which I quit about 2 months ago and want to get in the best shape of my life.

Will be a long road as I am 40 and overweight as well but looking forward to the journey.

Thanks[/quote:0ae8d2c773]

HS

Congratulations on your recent choices. Quitting smoking is the best possible choice you can make.

Krav will help with the desire to get into the best shape of your life. Its probably the best workout I have ever participated in, at the same time its fun and exciting. A great way to get your mind off of other things.

Re:

[quote:34823bda15=\”jburtonpdx\”][quote:34823bda15=\”HazardousSmoker\”]Hey, my name is Tim and I’ve been doing Krav for about 1 month now.

Thanks[/quote:34823bda15]

HS

Congratulations on your recent choices. Quitting smoking is the best possible choice you can make.

Krav will help with the desire to get into the best shape of your life. Its probably the best workout I have ever participated in, at the same time its fun and exciting. A great way to get your mind off of other things.[/quote:34823bda15]

Thanks JBurton I appreciate it.

I’m really looking forward to being 25 lbs lighter and more energy than I have had in years.

KM is one of the most intense workouts I have participated in.

It compares to some of the military training I recieved but those were only on a short term basis.

Here’s to great health and a happy life.

Haz

mara-jade

Hi Haz!

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and congrats on deciding to quit smoking! 😀

lenny3332

New-starting next week

Hi,

My name is Ryan and I am new to this site as well as Krav Maga. I start my first class next week in Massachusetts. I must admit that I am both nervous as well as excited. I could be in better shape and I worry about having a heart attack, but I am still ready.

Ryan

mara-jade

Re: New-starting next week

quote \”lenny3332\:

Hi,

My name is Ryan and I am new to this site as well as Krav Maga. I start my first class next week in Massachusetts. I must admit that I am both nervous as well as excited. I could be in better shape and I worry about having a heart attack, but I am still ready.

Ryan

Welcome Ryan! Oh don’t feel bad.. you should’ve seen myself and hubby in our first cardio class. We were friggin dying every 10 minutes 😆

Excited is good and don’t feel nervous – you’ll be fine 😀

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”chukm\:

Hello, my name is Charlie and I’m just getting started in KM.

I’m training at Rocky Mountain Krav Maga in their new Aurora, CO location.

I’ve been lurking here on the forums for a while, and there’s lots of good information here. Thanks for the great questions and answers.

Welcome Charlie!

Sorry – didn’t mean to miss your post. How’s the training going? 😀

mara-jade

Re: Hello

quote \”skibum\:

Hello evryone. I am new to forum, although I’ve been looking for info here on and off.
    I’m 44, have been training in KM for about 4 yrs. Passed level 1 and level 2 tests, with level 3 coming up.

Training at Capobinaco’s ATA in E. Brunswick, NJ. I like it, learned alot, became fitter, toughened up. Can’t compare my school to other KM schools, ’cause I’ve not been to any others.
    Have some Judo experience from my college days – I think it helps me in ground work.

Have a son who’s training in TKD at the same place as me. Too bad we have no KM for kids here (starting frm 13 and up). Plan to send him to self-defence/MMA, Son Lung or Hapkido after he gets his black belt. Hope to lure him to KM when he turns of age. 😉

Alex

Hi Alex,

Totally rude of me to miss your post :). Welcome! 4 years training – cool 8) . I’m kinda of a slow ‘wanna be level 3’ myself. Things happen so I stop training, start and I hope now to get back in it 😉

skibum

mara_jade – no worries! Thanks. Things are constantly happning – it’s called life. It’s when they stop happening we are in trouble. 😆

I know it’s tough to get back into it. I’ve been there. You realise how fit you were and how unfit you’ve become after missing training even for a few weeks. Sometimes I have to drag myself to the workout place, but I am always grateful that I did afterwards. I’s become an addiction ( a healthy addiction). 😉

Alex

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 567 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: