Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What are your Warm-ups like?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I was curious to know how long and what type of execrizes different instructors start off thier classes with. I always wonder how much time to spend working conditioning versus actual combatives and defenses. L

Like at most places some of the students attend the bag classes and Krav so I don’t worry about there conditioning as much because I know they get it at other times. However there are other students who I know the best thing I can do for them is to work 20 minutes of cardio. You can’t fight if you can’t breath.

That said I’d like to hear what your warm-ups are like.

jdinnc

Re: What are your Warm-ups like?

Our warm ups vary day to day in intensity and content (usually depending on the content of class). We usually start with some type of circuit including some combination of high knees in place, push ups, sit ups, various types of jumping jacks, etc in a 10x10x10 fashion (ex. 10 jumping jacks, 10 push ups, 10 sit ups for 10 sets). From there we go into floor movements; jogging while throwing pushes, moving across the floor in a fighting stance, bear crawls, plyometric jumping, etc. We then go into various stretching moves….arms, hips, necks, etc.

Warm up generally lasts 15 – 20 mins, enough to work up a good sweat and get in some stretching….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: