Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What did you do in Krav Maga class today?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    jenn

Re: What did you do in Krav Maga class today?

Last night’s Expert class (for people not in Colorado I guess that’s the equivalent of Level 4-5, the altitude lets us do our own thing, lol) warm up was lots of shoulder/knee tapping – if tapped 1 burpee, pushups, crunches, stretching; then gun gun gun. From the front, touching front of head, touching side of head. And lots of ground & pound.

It’d been 9 months since last high level class & what a great experience, despite the cut up hands.

ohiobuckeye

L1/L2 Class:

Warm-up:
    Jump-Rope, push-up, mountain climbers, sprints

Review: Front Punch, Hammer Fist Strikes, Front Kicks

Bear Hug from behing with and witout arms
    Choke from Behind

Ended with drill that combined everything from class with attackers and partner with pad.

Good sweaty workout.

ohiobuckeye

L1/L2 Class:

Running, sprints to start.
    Side Movement with combined left/right straight punches
    shoulder and knee tag with partner (tiring)
    push up position hand tag with partner (very tiring)

Reviewed and drilled on side hammer fist with combatives to finish off. Added multiple attacker drill with kicks pads.

Did conditioning drill: 3 sets of:
    10 left,right straigt, right elbow
    10 squat jumps
    5 right round kicks, 5 left round kicks
    10 pushups

Finished up with front choke against wall review and practice

A lot in one hour

inky

L-1
    Sprints into 20 pushups, sprints into 20 chrunches, sprints into 20 push ups.
    Stretch the upper body, 20 pushups, stretch the lower body.

Round house kicks, from knee to hip level right side/then left consecutivley as we push our partner back all the way accross the room, then reverse… ouch!

(then the leg meat grinder) deflecting right round house to the left leg no pad at
    %25 power… ouch!

then we deflected straight punches, then the same with but steping in and striking back.
    then ground work, defending from a crouched ground position, then how to pivot on the ground, then how to kick from the ground, then how to quickly get up from the ground with balance and back to stance.

paul

we had a level one test on tuesday. 3 people were testing the rest of us just participated.. what fun..although after watching those 3, i think that tony and I went a little overboard when we did our test.

nx7

Though this happened on Friday, I completed the level one exam. Talk about a gut check! Though I passed, I can’t even touch on how disapointed I am with my preformance. Not that I didn’t know the required techniques, but I barely had the energy to preform them much less effectively (IMO). I actually went up to all of the proctors after the exam and apologized for my preformance (or lack there of). Tell you what though, man do I have a fire lit under my butt!

mara-jade

Yeah this is late from Wed but oh well 3/4 class

Punching drills – left right combos while defendant doing slips and moving away

Sweeps

Defenses against wild haymaker type punches – stick defense

pit-bull

Palm Heel Strikes
    Elbows
    Front Vertical Kick
    Choke Front / One hand Pluck

smokelaw1

Warm up.

Front rolls, side rolls.

Side headlock. WOW…hadn’t reviewed that technique with nothing else in a LONG time…probably a year or so. Though it worked, it’s amazing to see how much precision can be lost when you don’t practice. Also, it might be working a “basic” technique as a more advanced student, and WITH more advanced students really brings out any imperfections.

Side headlock with takedown (when the person putting on the headlock keeps going and “spins” you to the ground)…great technique…lots of fun to work with a commited partner.

Suicide throws….weeee! So much fun to work these with a great bunch of guys that are willing to train hard but don’t try to launch each other through a wall. Two guys about to test for their brown belt, and one 280 pounder about to go for Phase C. Who better to toss/get tossed by?
    My neck and back are sore as hell today. I don’t know if I didn’t tuck my chin enough, or my back fall breaks aren’t good enough…or if I’m just a giant wuss. Any combination of the above are possible.

Then we sparred a bit after class…going real slow (30/30) and working in double legs.

skibum

Blue belt test morning of 9/27. I think I lived through it, just barely though. During review those spinning heel kicks were sharp and high, by the time test rolled around tiredness made them seem much harder to perform and sloppier. Also made a mistake of not pacing myself better. Did fairly well in one-on-one sparring at the very end, but in two-on-one got clobbered pretty good. Interesting to find out if I actually passed.

baptist

Last night we did the usual warm up, running through the middle, scanning, getting whacked on the head by the instructor if u werent scanning enough or in my case cos i didnt have my head down :angry: haha

then we did this group exercise, one defender, 4 “mummies” all walking towards you hands outstretched trying to get you in forward choke, had to bat their hands away and keep moving, intense!!

then we focused on dry drills as there were a lot of people in the class

I’m glad we did that as he went into depth about punching properly and how you can put all of your body weight into a punch with the power of your hips, shoulders and a twist of the foot!

Made me wanna practise dry drills at home a lot more

Loving it, roll on thursday!!

inky

Punched a teamate in the eye…
    Glanced a right cross off the focus mit right between his defense and blammo!. I felt bad but i let him get a beat down on me during choke defenses.

L-1

2 min jump rope
    8 min stretching & warm ups.
    new guy in class so review of stances and straight punches.
    Focus mit work with jab advanse jab & cross.
    Round Kicks.
    rear choke against a wall.

Good class

Anonymous

got to be krav , i train in a mix of krav , fairbairn and sykes get tough , defendo and ckm .

take a look at some of the strikes in striking techniques volume 1 and 2

link to volume 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-652qTIQ0g

link to volume 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSto8QtuPgo

i am very intrested to know what people think of the ” full rino ” at the 6 min mark on volume 1

thanks you
    francokrav

krujoe

Your full Rhino technique is stupid and may work on a drunken child. Stop spamming this forum with your dumbass videos.

quote francokrav:

got to be krav , i train in a mix of krav , fairbairn and sykes get tough , defendo and ckm .

take a look at some of the strikes in striking techniques volume 1 and 2

link to volume 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-652qTIQ0g

link to volume 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSto8QtuPgo

i am very intrested to know what people think of the ” full rino ” at the 6 min mark on volume 1

thanks you
    francokrav

Anonymous

glad you liked the full rino . take a look a at my hard lapel grab defence it might just come in handy for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHAmYmKL1Y

take care and a happy newyear to you and all

just put this soft defence in also incase in might come in handy against a drunken family member over crimbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsLn265Gzjs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: