Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What did you do in Krav Maga class today?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    coda-vex

Re: What did you do in Krav Maga class today?

Spam

pit-bull

All “soft” falls
    Getting Up Safely
    Gun Touching Back

farhan

Body and inside Kicks along with their defenses.

ems-warlord

Started with inside defense, moved onto some fatigue training with punches, pushups,groin kicks, v up, knees, and diamond pushups. Worked on forward movement linking punches, groin strikes, and knees. Worked on grabbing an opponent and using them as a shield. Linked the last two together.

Good class. Worked up quite the sweat.

paul

quote EMS_Warlord:

Started with inside defense, moved onto some fatigue training with punches, pushups,groin kicks, v up, knees, and diamond pushups. Worked on forward movement linking punches, groin strikes, and knees. Worked on grabbing an opponent and using them as a shield. Linked the last two together.

Good class. Worked up quite the sweat.

i am in chicago tonight wish i was working out with you. :beer:

sonnymate

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND Thurs. 18th Jan 2010 19:30-21:00
    warm-up 10 mins skipping, three students in team bunny hopping over 5 pads to then do either 5 push-ups, squats, burpees, star jumps, sit ups or pad strikes on mobile instructor, run back – non-stop 10 minutes, ring of death.
    krav on pads palm-heel kick combos, fighting off multiple attackers, one maybe with knife, marking the target, leading to slow fighting, changing partners around the room, finally a bout of wrestling which I opted out of as I got a stomp kick to the side of my bent knee and tugged my tendons last month so only now am able to be taken down and do squats, burpees etc – so I got to do some punch bag work instead. GREAT CLASS! (as always) It’s now Friday night and I’m still on a high from it and feel fitter from it. Off back to the club to do circuits tomorrow at 10 am.

ems-warlord

quote paul:

i am in chicago tonight wish i was working out with you. :beer:

That would have been sweet.

Accidentally walked into the KO fitness class instead of KM1.

We did circuit training including bobbing under the rope and throwing a hook, throwing punches with resistance bands, pullups, and pushups.

Followed by passing a medicine ball back and fourth with a partner and not letting your feet touch the ground and doing a situp each time you get the ball.

Some more situps and v ups.

Then we trained on the bag for the last half throwing kick/punch/knee combos, etc.

Good class, haven’t been to the fitness ones lately. May have to hit a few more up.

mariana

I like this thread! (:

Today’s class was great (as usual)

We started with choke defenses….and then we moved on to choke defenses when carrying s’thing (t.pad) and s’one came up with the question: whaT if you’re carrying a child? so we practiced choke defenses imagining the tombstone pad was a baby. (a bit tricky at first)

We also had a drill with no lights and where we practiced inside defenses, 360 defenses and roundhouse kicks.

Genuine fun

dixonmj

Last night: usual warm up and break falls
    rear knife to the throat defense and third person knife defense scenarios…Great class!

ems-warlord

WOW!

Since my instructor is out testing for lvl 2 instructor, I got to attend a level 2 class with some of my level 1 buddies.

Awesome.

We worked on elbows, elbow+ knee combos, A and B punching and kneeing, reaction drills with punching bags and shoulder tags (well shoulder, head, and abs), and the cream of the crop for us lvl 1 guys, gun defenses!

We learned how to react when grabbed from behind with a straight arm choke and a gun pointed at your head. Never tried that one before, loved it.

I did a double workout last night.

For the level 2/3 class, we did punch/kick combos. At the end of class we got into groups of four with one in the middle, then one in the group would attack the one in the middle with a choke, bearhug, etc. then the next on and on until time was called. Very exhausting. Then just to make things interesting, the one in the middle spun around with their eyes closes to make then dizzy and disoriented before having to defend. Definitely different.

For the level 1 class that followed, we did 360 defenses and then did 360 with a knife which really emphasized proper form.

There was a bunch of other usual stuff and suffice it to say, I was sapped after 2 hours of that.

peterako

For level 2, we worked on leg defenses(roundhouse, front, and groin), and then incorporated those into any attack. We worked with a partner who would throw a combination of punches and kicks, and we would have to counterattack quickly and then follow up with retzev. Tough stuff, and we worked a lot of important things like timing and reaction times, as well as a variety of defenses. And you can always use more retzev practice, making everything smoother and effectively chosen to weak points.

sonnymate

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND Aug 24th 18:15 – 20:15 2010
    1 hour conditioning. skipping, stretching, push-ups, crunches, squats, then swinging kettlebells and star jumps 30 sec reps for 10 mins. burpees in pairs up to ten, kettlebell exercises then a circuit, cool-off stretch.
    1 hour krav on carpet around mats with trainers on; kick, punch, elbow combos then take downs (got carpet burns from takedowns) slow fighting. Still feel high from it now, 24 hours later!

peterako

Variations on the Guillotine choke defense(basic break with groin strike, elbow, groin strike, elbow, then push through / or if he has more dominate hold, then sit down and roll him over you, attack and then get up / If from a guillotine choke attacker sits down and pulls into guard, then eye gouge, and break his foot lock on you, and get up), Arm bar defense, and Carotid choke(sleeper hold) defense. Good stuff!

che26m

Tested out of level 2.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: