Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge what is wrong with people!?!!!?!?!?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jl

Re: what is wrong with people!?!!!?!?!?

Better class of friends.

Give yourself the respect you deserve from others.

Quit beating yourself up over a drunkin’ pissin’ match

Talk to friends and/or family about your feelings, I sense some PTS (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome) here.

I come from a family of military, I’m old enough to tell you that my immediate family has seen battle in WWII, Korea(Uncle killed), Vietnam (Brother Killed) Father Severe PTS (otherwise known as Nam nuts) who never recovered, Desert Storm, 911 (two family members were LEO’s in the South Tower when it came down if front of my eyes, and currently my nephew is in country Iraqi Freedom……my point is you deserve to be at rest in your mind as well as your body!!!!

You need to get control of what’s making you drink as much as you posted here.(it’s alot!!!!) I am not preaching here. I just hate to see a Brother in Arms feeling as you seem to feel. You need to prove NOTHING to ANYONE, you served, you survived, don’t feel quilty about either of those facts

I’ll sign this as a survivor of those that gave me the right to go on!! I can’t thank you enough for what you have done for us!!! God Speed JL

raneman

quote JL:

Better class of friends.

Give yourself the respect you deserve from others.

Quit beating yourself up over a drunkin’ pissin’ match

Talk to friends and/or family about your feelings, I sense some PTS (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome) here.

I come from a family of military, I’m old enough to tell you that my immediate family has seen battle in WWII, Korea(Uncle killed), Vietnam (Brother Killed) Father Severe PTS (otherwise known as Nam nuts) who never recovered, Desert Storm, 911 (two family members were LEO’s in the South Tower when it came down if front of my eyes, and currently my nephew is in country Iraqi Freedom……my point is you deserve to be at rest in your mind as well as your body!!!!

You need to get control of what’s making you drink as much as you posted here.(it’s alot!!!!) I am not preaching here. I just hate to see a Brother in Arms feeling as you seem to feel. You need to prove NOTHING to ANYONE, you served, you survived, don’t feel quilty about either of those facts

I’ll sign this as a survivor of those that gave me the right to go on!! I can’t thank you enough for what you have done for us!!! God Speed JL

JL..that was an amazing post. Sorry to hear about those that had to make the sacrifice in your family. I agree 100% with your sentiment. PTS hits all of us that have seen combat to a degree, whether we admit it or not, and like you said there is nothing that needs to be proved to anyone.

I don’t think anyone will take this as preaching bro. We all try to help each other out. That is what it is about. I will be honest, I still go to the VA once in awhile just to talk and I have been out more than 10 years. It helps and if anyone needs it the VA is great.

kravmdjeff

RQ, first I agree with the other folks that have said that, as foolish as the night was, things like that happen and it’s not worth beating yourself up over.

By the same token, I generally don’t spend my free time with anyone who would talk to me like that. I strongly affirm the advice that others have said to perhaps think about finding some friends with some healthier life patterns.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: