Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge What martial art books do you read ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Re: What martial art books do you read ?

Jeff Cooper is a good one. I didn’t know he had books. I always read his articles in gun magazines. His thoughts were 100% spot on. thumbsup

danielos

Complete Krav Maga

abbott

well i am reading this book Ultimate fitness by Sang H. Kim,it is such a good book every one have to must read this book

bear34

I’m looking forward to this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Krav-Maga-Weapon-Defenses-Contact/dp/1594392404/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1331391360&sr=8-6

Living the Martial Way – Forrest Morgan
    The Gift of Fear – Gavin de Becker
    Any of the Krav Maga series books
    Dave Grossman – On Killing, On Combat, Warrior Mindset – “With caution, and in the right context”

lennykravitz

Me too!

the Col. Dave Grossman – On Killing, On Combat, Warrior Mindset is a great book. I was talking to a senior investigator with the Houston Police Department Professional Standers Unit. He stated the one thing Grossman can do is convene people to drink his blood, especially the LOE’s and swat guys. He is a major lawsuit in the makings. HPD is supposed to not allow any of his teachings or ideas into their academy training, but still a great book.

danielos

A new Krav Maga book, specially for womens, it’s called Krav Maga for women: Your Ultimate Program for selfdefense

Secret Tactics: Lessons from the Great Masters of Martial Arts

ISBN-10: 0804834881

bear34

I just ordered this this week. The pre-order price was great. Unfortunately, I have to wait until June to get it. David Kahn’s books and dvds are as good as it gets.

Cool ! 🙂

olivialowrie

I started reading Krav Maga: How to Defend Yourself Against Armed Assault by Eyal Yanilov when I started doing Krav Maga. It is like a guidebook and it persuaded me more to continue with Krav Maga.

Being a Marine infantry veteran and a private citizen that carries a firearm in self defense, I like RBSD material. I downloaded (using the Barnes and Noble app for my tablet) “H2H Combat: Soldiers Edition”. Some of it is a bit too MMA for self defense in dynamic environments (read: not in a ring with a referee) but the majority of it can be adapted to your tool box with good results. Just try to remember that in some of the grappling scenarios, it is assumed that you are part of a team and that other members will be available to assist you if you can restrain and control your opponent (armbars, chokes, etc).
    The book itself supports some of the instruction taught in the Modern Army Combatives Program.

danielsaun

I plan on ordering this book http://www.amazon.com/The-Dirty-Dozen-Techniques-Self-Defense/dp/1581603177/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342492581&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Dirty+Dozen+Larry+Jordan although I don’t read book on SD because I believe in order to learn something you have to practice it live and interact with someone, but that’s me. I am visual interactive person. I couldn’t build a house by reading a book, but some can.

krav21

quote Don:

:woohoo:

I would also recommend that book the stuff i that blew my mind away!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: