Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What’s with all the Fuss?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am not a KMAA instructor, that said, I have been in KM as in instructor since 2000. I have gone to many different persons who are KM “experts” to expand my exposure to this Israeli system. The word experts is in quotes above, because it seems anyone who served in the IDF seems to be an expert.

This post is not intended to increase tensions, but ony to come to consensus on a few points. It is however, multi-fold.

To begin with, why all the politics? I mean, the whole reported split with Eyal and KMAA (used to be KMWW without the KMAA part), is it true that Mr. Levine sought to pursue litigation against his instructor Eyal or not? Is it true that Haim Gidon was given rights to the currently recognized logo from those in authority over such things in Israel or not? If so, did this really happen before Mr. Levine introduced KM to the general public in the US or not? Have all KM organizations grown out from under the IKMA or not?

Next, why the alleged inflation of military records? If those who claim some KM instructors records are inflated are right, should they no longer teach? This seems insane, if they are good instructors who perpetuate Imi’s principles (since this is a principle driven system) why not leave them alone – AFTER they admit their misrepresentation? Are people so afraid of the truth now that they would rather live a lie or is it that some would rather make up lies in order to hide the truth?

It’s all so frustating. Copyright this, protect that, lie about this, embellish that…..

Is it not all our common goal to grow this system both in effectiveness and popularity? All this stupid in-fighting has to stop and as I see it, it needs to do so by everyone accepting integrity as the ONLY means to the end.

So, the truth needs to be posted in open forum in regard to all the above and then maybe we can agree to disagree about where we go from there…. you know, updating skill sets or keep it the same and so on. Instead of all the bull which keeps us all looking like fools to those who read all the garbage all over the net!

Just my take on this…… I’d like to see some definitive truth – anyone got any?

la-revancha

Re: What’s with all the Fuss?

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

I’d like to see some definitive truth – anyone got any?

With all due respect, the only one making a fuss about this right now is you.

This topic, and many other associated/ancillary components, can be researched using the “search” function (It’s in the upper tab).

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Well my take for what its worth is the truth lays in Imis principles. If the technique adheres to those principles then its Krav Maga if it doesn’t then there better be a good reason.

Did my instructor, or in my case several of my instructors learn directly from Imi, yes. Are the principles something that is discussed perpetually while a technique is being demonstrated, yes.

I choose Krav Maga because of the effectiveness of the technique and the manner in which the knowledge is transferred down. Not because of someone’s affiliation or alliance.

All of the infighting hyperbole doesn’t affect me. Sure it’s interesting reading but at the end of the day I’m just a student trying to learn how to protect myself and my loved ones.

The rest of the politics is just that politics – who cares

For some reason, my quick reply would not post….

Perhaps because I am a newbie to this forum, I am ignorant to previous threads along this line. I did look at a few of them, none of which answered any of my questions.

It’s funny that I am accused of being the only one making a fuss….

I just want answers – truth. Is it wrong to not wish to be deceived or to be angry about the potential of being forced to believe possible lies?

I am not asking to start trouble. Let me put it this way. In the past decade or so, Law Enforcement has been faced with some serious issues of integrity which rocked the whole country. As a result, hiring and training standards were tightened. Even laws and case law forced things in the L.E. Community to change. These were good changes. Why are we in the KM community afraid of truth coming to light? It will only improve what we love – Krav Maga. Any appearance of deception just makes us seem incredible.

ryan

Are you kidding me with this? Does this not get old with you guys?

Look, if you want I will stop, but I will personally walk away feeling as though these respones are nothing more than an ostrich putting his head in the sand.

I am only asking if there is someone who knows the truth and is willing to post it. I don’t really need nor deserve the badgering.

Is this not an open forum or must I be a KMAA Instructor/Client to be welcomed? I don’t mean that as sarcasm, I just don’t understand the lack of openness to someone who obviously just loves Krav Maga. Is this just more KM politics or have only those with loyalties to an organization and not to the system replied (with the exception of CJ’s Dad)? I really just wanted to know if anyone has honest answers to my questions which so far have proven unique. I cannot find any thread which have specifically addressed them.

Look, I really did not come here to pick a fight. I am not sure to what guys Ryan was implying I am with…. as I am not with any group. I am simply here representing myself and my questions based on all the info I have found all over the place i.e. the internet, magazines, message boards, talking to instructors and seminar hosts…..

I was hoping to find an honest discussion to come to consensus so I lay to rest some concerns which I have voiced already.

Attacking me was neither fair nor professional. Please, if you have answers I would like to read them. If you do not, that’s fine, but can we please remain adult and professional? Thank you CJ’s Dad for doing just that.

kevin-mack

Your question wont be answered because no one that would know the answer posts on this forum.This forum is mainly populated by students.
    While the animosity between orgs is still there most dont seem to care anymore since the KM trademark attempt was lost by KMWW. Everybody is just doing there thing.
    But it interests me when you say this “I am not a KMAA instructor, that said, I have been in KM as in instructor since 2000”
    Who would you be with??…There were only 4 other KM schools in the US at that time that werent with KMWW which was still small.
    I’m not with KMWW either so dont think I am attacking you.

blindfold

I think for the most part this topic has been discussed to death and if you want more answers look into the search at the top. You might save yourself alot of time and aggrevation. Then you might understand why people are trying to avoid the whole discussion.

ryan

So, you’re not with any group, but you’ve been an instructor in the US since 2000? Give me a break…your tactics are tired. You ask questions that you obviously already know the answers to, just like all the others who come here under the guise of “finding the truth” and not looking to “increase tensions”. These items have been covered ad nauseum, and I’m not sure what relevance they have to furthering the system of Krav Maga.

By the way, no one attacked you (another tired tactic.)

mara-jade

Cottonwood,

As everyone else has stated, your first post only seems to want to start a heated debate. We’ve moved past things like that here. As a student, I could care less about the politics – I’m here to train.

I love the politics… I find them very, very useful. Why… Just the other day I was confronted with a life threatening situation but fortunately I was able to explain to my attacker that I was currently training with an instructor who learned from an instructor who once had a beer with Darren and then killed several terrorists with his loose-leaf notebook. Then I explained to him that all other forms of Krav Maga were week and that most of the instructors had never killed a man with their bare hands so they didn’t know what they were talking about. If that wasn’t enough I showed him my t-shirt with the official KM logo on it and mentioned the name of at least 3 elite military units I had heard of while browsing this board.

You should have seen his face right before he ran away… It was awesome…

ohskigod

I’l start by saying I’m not a KMWW guy. I do peruse these forums because i never limit places where I look for ideas and discussions that interest me.

now that I got the “disclosure” section of my post behind us, here’s my take

Train where you want to train. If you like your instructor, train with him. if you dont, look for another trainer. My instructor didnt spend a day in the IDF, and he still teaches me very well (not to mention a guy I wouldnt want to trifle with unless I had to, and I am over twice his weight).

this is of course no slight to the IDF guys, as they rank high on the military harcoreometer across the board when it comes to military backrounds.

Cotton, the people on this forum train for there own reasons, and genuinly don’t care about the posts your putting up. I can’t blame them. also note, 4 posts in a row does not equal a faster response…lol

“I’m just a student trying to learn how to protect myself and my loved ones.” <——- looks like CJ’s Dad has it about right.

Kevin Mack – I do not feel your are attacking me because your post was civil. I am not in the least afraid of any post from someone who does not appreciate my opinion, or disagrees with my desire to know the answers to my questions. In fact I appreciate the openness. I don’t wish to be evasive, but as it is obvious that company only persons wish to reply, my affiliation will remain unannounced. I was prepared to open dialoge and exchange whatever information anyone wished to exchange, but since the whole X-Files conspiracy issue is so pronounced here I have changed my mind.

As to the others, you may accuse me of differing motives if you wish, it does not change the honesty with which I seek answers to my questions.

No I don’t already know all the answers. The attitude with which I have been met leads me to believe the worst of KMAA though. However, in order to operate in fairness, I am willing to read and consider any information posted which is constructive toward my goal.

Please feel free to actually ANSWER with any information you wish.

I have emails out to the leaders of any organizations which do not have forums. The information I am receiving is interesting even if not definitive. I have gotten links to some documents, which are kind of cool. I know, I know – doc’s can be faked, especially when scanned and put on the net. Anyway, I hope someone will see I am not some kind of spy and really am being honest in my pursuit. If/when they do, thank you in advance for your honesty and civility.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘What’s with all the Fuss?’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: