Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What’s with all the Fuss?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    ryan

Re: What’s with all the Fuss?

So, wait, you aren’t with any group, but you are a KM instructor, but you wish to operate in honesty, though you’ve decided not to announce your affiliation with the group that you aren’t affiliated with? Does that about sum it up?

old-grappler

Cottonwood,

I have no idea about any of your questions,nor do I care, although I have seen other threads about similar questions. I think you’re missing the main point of most of these responses:

1. Most of us here don’t care about these politics…we’re here to train and to help others.

2. A number of threads have been devoted to these questions, and based on what I said in point 1 most of the people are tired of the subject, and that may be the cause of some of responses you are receiving.

3. You can talk to many people and get many different answers to these questions, and in all likelihood none of them will be completely accurate…so even if someone TRIED to answer you directly it would likely not be satisfy your inquiry.

4. If you want to discuss any aspect of Krav Maga dealing with technique, training, teaching, or growing the number of people involved there are a large number of people on this forum that are very knowledgeable and open for some great discussion.

Walk in Peace.

p.s. I apologize for trying to interpret all your views on this….so if I misrepresented you it wasn’t my intention.

Ryan – I left all affiliation due to closing for a while to finish some education. I am pursuing a couple of orgainzations, but have yet to decide. KMAA was one I had considered, but have changed my mind. No not totally because of my experience here, but yes partly. CJ’s Dad has been quite helpful in helping me find a resource to answer some of my questions. Thank you to him for that. My questions on this forum were presented as such in order to help me find information regarding the other groups as well. I am like anyone else I suppose inthat I will only blindly follow so far and then it is time to seek and confirm my findings via alternative means. It is easy to scan a document, or more than one, and then copy and paste seals, signature and legal jargon. So thank you again for the warm welcome and scynicism (that was sarcasm – in case it was too hidden for the all seeing eyes of the conspiracy theorists).

Let me ask, would you have put your best foot forward had I announced my desire to re-align myself with an organization or would I have been greeted in the same way.

You may ask CJ’s Dad if my reply to him (to the PM he sent me) was anything but appreciative.

Now that I have replied to Ryan’s last ranting, I will read the other replies to this post since my last visit.

Ryan, what has made a successful businessman of your caliber so paranoid? It’s obvious the buck you seek has been delivered many tiems over just by looking at your hyper-karate (or whatever it was) website. I have said nothing to insult you before now, but feel I must reply in-turn with the great sense of community you have extended to me.

Old Grappler,

Thank you for your openness. You did misinterpret a bit, but not too far form the mark. My personal concern is to only find consenus for my own benefit.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#800000]Proverbs 11:14[/COLOR][/SIZE] Where no counsel [SIZE=3][COLOR=#808080]is[/COLOR][/SIZE], the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors [SIZE=3][COLOR=#808080]there[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#808080]is[/COLOR][/SIZE] safety.

I truly am only seeking to find truth. It may be hard to believe due to prior threads – which again no one seemed willing to answer. Why does this have to be so heated? I am not everyone else who may have had ulterior motives. I am motivated for personal reasons – NOT A COMPETITIVE ORGANIZATION!

[SIZE=3]Thank you again to CJ’s Dad – you’re a cool dude among polished turds! That comment is not intended to hit ALL others, only those with absolutley no open mindedness or civility.

[/SIZE]

la-revancha

I’m not that polished >:)

Please stop trolling the forum, now.

Some observations from a relative newbie here…you guys can take my words for what they’re worth- which probably isn’t a lot- but don’t you think it would be a good idea to somehow post these simple guidelines in the forum rules instead of having to gauge someone’s trollishness?
    In other words, if I tell you tell everyone beforehand that some subjects are not welcome here, such as the one above, then you can pretty much bet it’s a troll- someone bent on stirring the ****. If not, you gotta kinda go with innocent until proven guilty, right?
    To me, that seems the only fair way to handle these types of unwanted postings and threads. Or you risk truly alienating honestly curious people.
    My two cents, guys, and I hope it hasn’t offended anyone.

Edited to add: sorry for the curse word.

mara-jade

Hi Nick,

Maybe I’m misinformed but ANY forum I’ve been to (name the subject, doesn’t matter), any time politics comes in the mix, it’s asking for trouble.

As I saw on this thread, no one was insulting him, but questioning why he kept bringing the politics in. No ONE cares on politics here – we want to train and learn from each other.

Honestly, it doesn’t take much sometimes to tell when someone’s just wanting to stir the pot.

Mara, true. But I have been to forums where a simple rule can alleviate at least some of the trolling. And you can always point to the rule and say, “Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rule. Please read the forum rules.”
    Not that I think anyone where did anything wrong. I was more concerned with people who read this thread without any prior knowledge of the issues that have beleagured the forum in regards to all this silly political stuff. I’ve been here only a short time, a few months at most, and I’ve already seen several troll hits on this same subject or ones close enough they could sit side by side without any problem. So I understand the staunch refusal to coddle such posters.

bull1189

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Ryan, what has made a successful businessman of your caliber so paranoid? It’s obvious the buck you seek has been delivered many tiems over just by looking at your hyper-karate (or whatever it was) website. I have said nothing to insult you before now, but feel I must reply in-turn with the great sense of community you have extended to me.

Dude, Ryan teaches Krav Maga at its purest level. Go train with him before you spout this garbage out. He is (accurately) pointing out that your posts are contradictory, to say the least. This kind of comment is pure crap.

giant-killer

Damn that Ryan and his “hyper-karate” rofl2 ;):

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

CC, I appreciate your kind words and faith in me but Iím afraid it may be unwarranted. In real life outside of the forums Iím easily one of the most hmm whatís a good word ìaggressiveî individuals around. My temperament in the forums is based on my being the admin and thus I am consciously aware everything I share needs to be politically correct.

As the admin my aversion to drama and wish to keep things civil is prevalent at all times.

And on that note: Thread locked.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘What’s with all the Fuss?’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: