Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Whey Protein Facts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    barnese
    Blocked

Whey, though it has been around for hundreds of years, has recently become aligned with soy protein where body builders and dieters are concerned. For some people, though, whey works better than soy. But any time you increase your protein intake you invariably increase your expenses. Many health experts think on whey protein to be among the most nutritious of proteins available. They recommend it highly as a supplement to your diet because whey is very soluble and will therefore more quickly be available for your body to use. It can be an important building block in your fitness routine.

Some people need more protein in their daily diets than others. Rather than omitting whey from your diet when it seems the cost is high, you might consider buying it at a discount rate. There are high quality versions that can be purchased for sale online. You can also find good products at major discount market chains. Just research a bit on the internet and you will find out stores offering whey protein at reasonable prices however, one should be sure to check their nutritional content to ensure that discounted products should not be very high on fat content. You may wish to purchase from a company that ship directly from its factory to you. Cutting out the middleman can make a huge difference in the price you pay for the product. Knowing which company you are dealing with is a huge plus, because you will have all the information you need right at your fingertips.

petervdberge

Re: Whey Protein Facts

my trainer tells me that for most of the people training in krav maga, whey drinks are not a necesety. eating healthy and regular is for most more important then eating additional proteins.

wds2

quote petervdberge:

my trainer tells me that for most of the people training in krav maga, whey drinks are not a necesety. eating healthy and regular is for most more important then eating additional proteins.

Yeah, whey’s great if you’re lifting weights or trying to build/maintain muscle but not necessary for KM. You need more carbs after KM than protein.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

its spam, I left it up for discussion.

garddawg

If I have a choice I would take whey over spam as my protein choice.

revend

Whey protein is useful for weight gaining and mass building. It is best for bodybuilders. Anyhow thank you all for your comments. I think its a wonderful learning to learn this complete fact about whey protein.

jerry55

These days whey proteins are almost synonymous with working out and can be purchased in most health stores, sports shops and even online. Most people also procure whey proteins from their personal trainers or dieticians, who usually know manufacturers and therefore can get you discounts.

quote petervdberge:

eating healthy and regular is for most more important then eating additional proteins.

I agree with your trainer, Pete. Except Krav Maga, I’m into pumpin’ iron. Yes, I take whey protein, but my main focus is on eating good, healthy food. thumbsup

bluelotus

Whey proteins of course work much better than soy. I have seen an intense change in my body since I started using whey protein. The mass in the body seems to be growing pretty well helping me to build up muscles out of it pretty much easily.

bluelotus

Whey proteins of course work much better than soy. I have seen an intense change in my body since I started using whey protein. The mass in the body seems to be growing pretty well helping me to build up muscles out of it pretty much easily.

glennmarsh
    Blocked

I thinks whey protein is useful one and protein is protein get it from meat or get it from powder, doesn’t matter as long as you get enough for your daily needs.

seraphs-coal

Whey proteins are primarily used as a part of a body building programme. I am not sure that they are going to be very effective at being used with a Cardio Programme like Krav Fitness or similar. The reason is that when you train your muscles to repeated muscle failure or within a close rep range of muscle failure, you routinely tear your muscles and your body produces an acid from your muscles at the same time which has a burning sensation. Whey proteins work to help give your body the protein that it needs to repair and continue the new growth of your muscles.

To complicate matters, Whey Protein is only one form of several types of supplements a Body Builder will use to increase muscle mass. Another popular supplement is Creatine powder for example. Things like concentrated Green Tea & Bitter Melon extracts are used to promote weight loss and enable muscle gain at the same time and are often blended into different protein powders.

For high cardio like what happens at Krav, your main focus is replacing mineral salts lost from the body, slamming down a protein drink is probably not going to do a great deal for you even though your muscles may feel tired.

Krav people tend to have different view on this, yet mine is that a muscle building programme ideally done at the gym and not on a weight set at home goes hand in hand with training in Krav Maga. Yet the training is generally totally separate to your Krav training unless your Krav Gym has this equipment in tandem as some now do. The reason is because the founder set up Krav with the expectation that the fitness level was that of an Israeli soldier, which means in theory that you should aim to be able to drop and do 100 push ups on request from your instructor along with the crunches and other requirements that a Soldier has to present themselves with in their profession. Gym training makes this a reality in most cases.

glennmarsh
    Blocked

quote GlennMarsh:

I thinks whey protein is useful one and protein is protein get it from meat or get it from powder, doesn’t matter as long as you get enough for your daily needs.

What you use,.?

northernsoul

So much misinformation about whey protein in this thread, I don’t know where to start.

nigelm

Whey can be very helpful for building body weight / muscle mass… and strength as it provides the building blocks for new muscles. My only observation is that most wheys are made from milk (cow) and if – like me – you are lactose intolerant then you’ll not be doing yourself any long-term favors (not withstanding any short term muscle gains that you might make).

So, go for Soya based products. Here is a compare & contrast:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/17876-soy-protein-vs.-whey-protein/

This one is about Whey protein: (search on whey)
    http://www.kickassbodybuildingguru.com/

Otherwise you can maybe go for tried and tested Creatine – very popular with body builders, legal and easy to get hold of and no side effects.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: