Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Which Knee to the Head is More Effective?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jjbklb

I was watching a MMA fight on the TV while on the elliptical machine.Quite a few knees to the head were thrown.If you got your opponent bent over,will immobilizing the side of the head vs.the neck make a difference in the degree of effect on your opponent?

I was thinking that restraining the side of the neck would allow a knee to the chin to have a wipe-lash effect on the head,whereas immobilizing the side of the head when you plant your knee would lack this effect.

Any validity to this?

Re: Which Knee to the Head is More Effective?

Impacting the temple would be a good target, but until you’re a practiced “targeteer” with strikes, I’d go for the easiest to land, which is however you can get your knee to their head with the greatest balance of speed and power. I’m personally looking for just to the left or right of mouth/nose, with the aim of knocking some teeth out and possibly breaking the nose.

jjbklb

Hi.I wasn’t so much inquiring where on the head to impact the knee.

Instead,Assuming a knee strike under the chin in both cases,would your opponent be more incapacitated if the head was locked in restraint vs allowing the head to snap back by instead restraining the neck?

But thanks for your input anyway.

Maybe I misunderstood what you were asking, and I’m going on with this reply assuming that you’re talking about releasing the head at, just before or just after the knee impacts. That may be something that’s purely academic in nature with the amount of damage a knee can cause. Depending on your flexibility, you may not be able to generate the same power holding on to the head that you can of you would release it just before impact. The only difference in injury, I would assume, would be what happens to the person AFTER they’ve sustained the strike, whether they fall and their head strikes an object or floor on the way down, or you maintain a hold and continue to throw more strikes. I personally would rather maintain a hold until I’ve reduced their ability to fight or pursue enough for me to leave the area, but I also wouldn’t want to stay “locked in” to one opponent for more than a few seconds if I can avoid it.

catapult

Resurrecting this old thread, my training partner and I were just talking about this one. I think you’re more likely to break his facial bones if you hold his head but you’re more likely to knock him out if you don’t. The strike that knocks you out is the one you don’t see coming. You don’t have a chance to tense your neck muscles so your head really snaps when he hits you and your brain bounces around inside your skull.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Given the chance I always try and do BOTH. I’m a strong proponent of both! Hold for the first one, asses surroundings, let go for the second.

esquire32

The One That Hits It :)))))))

ubuwalker31

Kneeing someone in the head is hard. Even if you are stretched out and warmed up. It isn’t a practical technique…initially.

That said, Levine’s Complete KM book recommends placing both your hands onto the opponents left or right shoulder, pulling down, and striking with the opposite knee to the groin, torso, or head. The drills I’ve done have involved multiple knees, starting with the groin and working your way up to the head.

Utilizing the Muay Thai clinch by grabbing around the head is also recommended in the book, so long as you squeeze your elbows together to control head movements and to prevent escapes. It also has the advantage of letting you strike with either knee with power multiple times.

unstpabl1

Saw it last week..for some reason a guy doing MT sparring went for the shoot……even he doesn’t know why…the other guy lifted his knee in a defensive posture…result blood everywhere and 20 stiches..it was effective but woulda needed follow up to totally take the fight outta him

don

so many to choose from!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaf5Ucb8dao (unsecured head)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41LultsL93g (secured head)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLPRjwkePds&feature=related (assorted)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG4BJEu-zsU (nick newell knee ko)

eilson

Nice links Don. All these links are informative and i am completely agreed with you. No doubt that there are so many knee to the head are important.

enbljhe
    Blocked

louis vuitton outlet store a

louis vuitton outlet

enbljhe
    Blocked

louis vuitton outlet most

louis vuitton outlet store

enbljhe
    Blocked

louis vuitton outlet introduced

louis vuitton outlet store

enbljhe
    Blocked

louis vuitton outlet keep

louis vuitton outlet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: