Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Why call It NE regional Training center, Why call it KM at all??

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    nblo20

Re: Why call It NE regional Training center, Why call it KM at all??

I’m going to add my 2 cents as a former student at The Training Edge. Everything Tony said is accurate regarding the training. The longer I was there, the more watered down it seemed to get. Class lost all intensity, and I no longer wanted to go.

I got fed up of training with people who didn’t give a damn, and paying way too much money to train at most 5 hours a week. It was a joke, but at the time it was the only place available for me to train.

I did learn some good fundamental kickboxing and Krav Maga skills, but beyond that I saw no reason to stay there.

Classes were constantly cancelled with no make up classes offered. They closed the school for every little holiday that arose, sometimes up to two weeks. If I’m paying 135 a month for training, the place should be open all the time. Make up classes were not offered. They charged for belt tests which were held during normal class time. So basically, they took a class away and made us pay for it. It was a complete and utter joke. I feel bad because that school has potential to be amazing, but I guess money is more important.

Everytime I walked in the place my wallet came out a little lighter. From what I’ve heard the school is drastically different than it used to be. I wouldn’t recommend training there.

Needless to say I found a new school (MMA, not Krav) where I can train 10+ hours a week for much less money. Also when classes are cancelled makeups are given. I can train nights, mornings, weekends, do a private if needed. They also offer open mat which is unheard of at The Training Edge. If you want intensity, avoid the Training Edge. If you want to be babied, its the school for you.

ken-b

That about says it all. Several former students all with the same complaints. If a school had no major problems, there would not be as much controversy surrounding it and their lack of affiliation with KMWW. The lack of any responses from the training edge staff on this forum to debate this controversy only adds to their lack of credibility. Oh, and Steve, if your reading this, how about my money back from by broken contract?

nblo20

It took me a while to realize how centered around money they are. They don’t even offer free trial classes to students. The first time you go in they get you to sign a contract. Then its off to the basic level for a few months. Then they started allowing people who were there for like 2 months into the “black belt training” level (this costs more money per month). So basically, if you had been in the BBT class for a while they slowed down the sparring and techniques so the new people could catch up and you were left there to learn nothing.

They let people wear sneakers on the mats (I can’t stand this). They said no street shoes allowed, but I’m positive some students wore there regular shoes (Nothing like a staph infection!!!). The lectures that wasted the end of class were ridiculous. I went there to train martial arts, not to be lectured like a 6 year old child. I guess they used these to try and motivate the lazy people with no backbones into staying (more $ that way). One day I counted 47 people in our class, yes, 47 people. Nothing like trying to train and sitting around for half the class because you have to “take turns” due to the lack of space and overfilled classroom. We even had people who would be texting on their phones during class. Thats the kind of people you would share the mat with. It got really bad.

The final factors contributing my decision to move on were when i requested that class intensity/workouts be more difficult (I was leaving class without breaking a sweat, literally). I was told that I had to wait until the “masters” level for that. So basically I was told, “yea pay us 4 more months tuition then you can get a good workout”. I was there for little over a year, and my complaints/suggestion went ignored. I guess they feel they can lose a dedicated student when they have all these new people coming in all the time.

They also require students to purchase a $100 weapons package, because they don’t allow students using the in house guns, knives, and clubs for the weapons defenses. Needless to say I took that $100 to my new gym and bought my brazilian jiu jitsu gi, and I haven’t looked back.

I am very glad to have found a new gym because otherwise I would no longer be involved in martial arts. Thats how bad I felt the training there was. I could write pages on my complaints, but I don’t have the time or energy.

Unfortunatley I am no longer involved in Krav Maga, but I really had no choice. There are several former Training Edge students at my new gym, and we all reached the exact same conclusion.

nblo20

quote Ken B.:

That about says it all. Several former students all with the same complaints. If a school had no major problems, there would not be as much controversy surrounding it and their lack of affiliation with KMWW. The lack of any responses from the training edge staff on this forum to debate this controversy only adds to their lack of credibility. Oh, and Steve, if your reading this, how about my money back from by broken contract?

They don’t respond because they probably don’t care. What is it to them? They have a ridiculous amount of students who will go anyways and simply don’t care or are ignorant to any issues.

Like I said. I voiced my opinion several times and was pretty much ignored. Why? Because they have a constant influx of new students who will replace people like me. Its all about the money to them. McDojo all the way. It really sucks because Mr. Spoth is very skilled, and could have had an elite program there. O well.

ken-b

The Training Edge actually made you buy your own training weapons package??!!!! One can go to http://www.Revgear.com (the official supplier of KMWW gear and apparel) and purchase a training gun for about $30.00, a training knife for about $15.00 and a training stick for around $15.00-$30.00 That leaves around $25.00 that one is being overcharged. When I was there, they had plenty of training weapons for the students to use. But then again, that was back before the school was dropped by KMWW for not following their curriculum.

nblo20

quote Ken B.:

The Training Edge actually made you buy your own training weapons package??!!!! One can go to http://www.Revgear.com (the official supplier of KMWW gear and apparel) and purchase a training gun for about $30.00, a training knife for about $15.00 and a training stick for around $15.00-$30.00 That leaves around $25.00 that one is being overcharged. When I was there, they had plenty of training weapons for the students to use. But then again, that was back before the school was dropped by KMWW for not following their curriculum.

They still have tons of training weapons for use. They just don’t let students use them. I left before I had to buy the package. They may have charged more than $100, but i’m not sure. $100 is my low estimate.

ken-b

And nblo20, don’t refer to Steve as “Mr. Spoth” Someone who never received his official black belt in krav Maga, but misled people into thinking he is one and refers to himself on his website as “master” should not be referred to as “Mr.”

nblo20

quote Ken B.:

And nblo20, don’t refer to Steve as “Mr. Spoth” Someone who never received his official black belt in krav Maga, but misled people into thinking he is one and refers to himself on his website as “master” should not be referred to as “Mr.”

My bad, just a habit.

tony-palmer

quote nblo20:

They don’t respond because they probably don’t care. What is it to them? They have a ridiculous amount of students who will go anyways and simply don’t care or are ignorant to any issues.

Like I said. I voiced my opinion several times and was pretty much ignored. Why? Because they have a constant influx of new students who will replace people like me. Its all about the money to them. McDojo all the way. It really sucks because Mr. Spoth is very skilled, and could have had an elite program there. O well.

bow1 $$$$$$$$$$ In Steve we trust $$$$$$$$$or you must in order to stay… That to me, was absolutely hands down the worst thing about the whole thing… Being a dedicated student your concerns were ignored or shelved away without care for the influx of new students. $$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$ I never even stopped to do the math…I was paying for my belts on regular class days I was already paying for!?… :chair: HS, what a rip !! $$$$$$$$

I mean its crazy all the talented instructors he had there who had left. He would’nt listen to them either. It really IS sad to think about all the lost potential at that school and the elite training that could have been.

ken-b

Yeah Tony,
    I never did the math either. Just like Steve had said, “This is my new vision for the future” If one is to say ripping off your students and talking about religion in a krav class is a vision, that is a new one.

It’s always sad when someone thinks they know everything Tony if i remember correctly you were ready to take a job at the school it wasn’t until they said to you that they weren’t going to use you as an instructor that you became unhappy because you trained a long time before that sounds to me that you were a bit upset that they didn’t hire you :(:

Hey Ken sound like you and Tony should have a pitty party together

nblo20

quote jbuffalobills:

Hey Ken sound like you and Tony should have a pitty party together

Their complaints are legitimate. What’s your point? They paid for something, which then changed drastically, and chose to leave the school. I left for similar reasons and know others who did as well. Personal attacks are no way to support your argument (whichever side you take?).

admin-d45
    Keymaster

relax

You say personal attacks aren’t a way to prove your point but that is just what Tony and Ken did i am a student at that school and it is a great place to train and Tony trained there for over a year before he stop coming for what ever reason but you can get on a website and say what you think even if you don’t know the whole story to me that is sad there are over 300 students at the school who love it and just because a few don’t there smash it because they only think whats in it for me not how can we help as many people as we can i don’t have an issue with them leaving the school just because they don’t agree they bad mouth it know the whole story first they don’t

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘Why call It NE regional Training center, Why call it KM at all??’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: