Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics why no front kicks in mma?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    g-v

One thing I see notably lacking in essentially all ‘cage’ fighting is the good ol’ front kick. WHY??? I mean, talk about an effective strike to the body! Any thoughts why it’s so under-utilized in mma?

giant-killer

I’ve been wondering about the same thing. Maybe they are simply not as effective as round kicks? Plus, the leg may be easily caught for a takedown. I suppose it is all strategy.

g-v

Re:

I suppose there is a greater capture risk than a side kick, but effectiveness? Hey pal, ever get front kicked in the gut? My km instructor drove one into mine once which sent me flying (yes, flying) on my ass. Luckily the bell rang right after that, coz I wouldn’t be able to continue anyways.

It effective, believe me. 😆

super-b

You’re right, you don’t see the front kick too much. I did recently see an MMA fighter use a couple of front kicks, though I can’t remember the fighter.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Itís a common technique used by fighters with extensive Muay Thai training as a push kick defensive move however experienced shoot fighters will capitalize on it as an opportunity to do a single leg take down.

evilhippie

Ever watch Bas fight? Whew. He does a devastating front kick.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Super B\:

You’re right, you don’t see the front kick too much. I did recently see an MMA fighter use a couple of front kicks, though I can’t remember the fighter.

On WEC, maybe? Yeh, I’ve seen it recently somewheres too.

Yo CJ, not a push kick so much as a ball of foot kick to the body. I see it all the time, countless examples of a dude with hands way up, covering up his head while anticipating a head strike….totally open down there but just out of reach for a punch to the gut. Enter foot, meet liver…what’s not to love? 😆

super-b

On WEC, maybe? Yeh, I’ve seen it recently somewheres too.

WEC, yeah I think so.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: