Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Why the hate on Krav by MMA people?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    dirty-harry

I discussed my view on being able to integrate MMA and Krav together in another post, but what I am curious about is why so many MMA people don’t like Krav Maga? The MMA guys seem to think that MMA/BJJ is the only way to fight. Anyone able to shed some light on this, or is it just fanboyism?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I am new here.

Thanks.

kirk

Re: Why the hate on Krav by MMA people?

They don’t like getting kicked in the nuts, punched in the throat, gouged in the eye, headbutted, and stomped in the face just to name a few. Plus the BJJ guys don’t like it when they have in guard or tying for a submission and you grab their junk, twist and pull.

Don’t get me wrong I am a huge MMA fan just like I am a huge Football fan. It’s a sport that I love to watch.

blanker

everyone likes to think there ma is the best especially krav guys mma think there art is the best krav thinks theres is the best so theres going to be some disagrements

geary

As I stated in another thread similar to this, you may never know which is better until you pair the two up in the ring/octagon/street or whatever. Maybe that Sport Science or World’s Greatest Warrior show should do something like this. It would be interesting to see a BJJ fella attempting to put an arm bar or ankle lock on a Krav Soldier while they get their groin smashed with hammer fist’s. I would pay per view this for sure. In fact, maybe I should set it up and hit my ticket to millions…..

As far as comparing the different forms. There are so many pro’s and con’s to all that it is difficult to compare.

All I know is I would hate to square off with someone who is shooting for for my eyes, groin, throat and pressure nerves while I attempt a judo throw….. Our instructors teach us some biology while we train and we therefore know some serious man stoppers!!!

Who knows, I respect all forms of MMA or MA and would love to learn something from all of them. For now, I am dedicated to Krav Maga.

I train in both Krav Maga and MMA and the only negitive vibe I ever pick up from the MMA guys in regards to the Krav folks is that the MMA guys fight more often (sparring not included of course) and have a record to show how good (or bad) they are. I don’t have a Krav record of how many times I’ve used the knife defense but the other side has a win-loss record, and belts. This leads some of them to think they are superior.

I always mention that while fighting with rules certainly allows you to fight another day even if you lose, do not count on that code of conduct in a street fight.

NO RULES means no rules.

I do have to add that the only people who have this attitude are new people to the gym. Anybody who gets to vocal about how much better they are gets to go into a mock knife fight or live sparring with the instructors using Krav rules. This usually quites most down.

oneness

We initially got the same response. Thats why I made a point to wear Krav Maga shirts to the fights. After our guys was getting the win, it shut a lot of people up.

Our MMA fighters understand the differences and know that their style is mutual combat and for a ring, not the street. Just watch what happens in the UFC when someone gets poked in the eye or kicked in the groin. They all stop and look for the ref to help them. There is no stopping out on the street.

There are 67 rules that you can not do while in the ring/cage in MMA. In Krav Maga there is only one. Who is better prepared for the street?

jl

I was told via e-mail that I teach a subpar system. I really didn’t retort as I have been listening to this crap for most of my KM career. We threaten some of these guys for some reason. But I will throw this out there: the more comfortable these MA’s are in their own system the more engaging they are to us in KM. They actually see it as an enhancement to their training. The less comfort and less student body that some of them have the more the threat, from anything other than what they train in, not just KM
    JL

kirsten

It’s all just a “measure our weiner” contest… the pissing match is not so much between one specific style and another, but over any style vs. any style… none of it matters in the end.

MMA is one thing, KM is another. It’s all good, no worries!!

michaelmall

Well I look at it this way if it is good enough for Bas Rutten it
    is good enough for me.

greenbeanie

quote Oneness:

Just watch what happens in the UFC when someone gets poked in the eye or kicked in the groin. They all stop and look for the ref to help them. There is no stopping out on the street.

Excellent point. thumbsup

dirty-harry

Some good points there that answered my question very well. I suppose it does come down to ego, personality complexes and inexperience. Thanks people.

michaelmall

When I was taking krav classes I got along
    better with the mma people.I just don’t
    see what the problem is,one is more sport
    the other is self defense.You can learn from both.

rex187

quote Kirk:

They don’t like getting kicked in the nuts, punched in the throat, gouged in the eye, headbutted, and stomped in the face just to name a few. Plus the BJJ guys don’t like it when they have in guard or tying for a submission and you grab their junk, twist and pull.

Don’t get me wrong I am a huge MMA fan just like I am a huge Football fan. It’s a sport that I love to watch.

I do believe this is totally right i have been training bjj for about 3 years now and had a stint fighting mma and all my friends do mma and its an ego thing i kinda strayed away from the mma thing cause to be honest it feels like mma is all about everyone trying to be tougher than the other and everyone i have ever trained with or been trained by has been to stuck up and cocky for my taste. It seems like everyone there has something to prove.

govinda

KM isnt a Martial Art, its extreme self defense, people will always po po it because it didnt take us 10 years to learn how to defend ourselves and is unworthy to people not in the know. This is what I have found, after I discovered KM after 17 years of training in other “Arts”

rd672

Krav Maga is not a martial arts in the traditonal sense but a modern defensive tactics system that develops average people for combat quickly.Although the training is similiar to MMA the tactics are different.Yes the ego has to be checked in MMA,not enough respect.Very good posts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: