Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Why the hate on Krav by MMA people?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    rd672

Re: Why the hate on Krav by MMA people?

Good luck on fight hit and don’t hit foot work.

rd672

Hit And Don’t Get Hit

tadpole25

Honestly, most of the hate from MMA is strawman logic.

I think everyone on here knows that Krav Maga isn’t meant to be a sport and there is no legitimate way to measure skill in it (aside from being in the rare situation of having an actual fight).

There’s basically no way of truly practicing KM without severely injuring people.

As to who would win in a street fight, it depends on which person is better trained. The MMA person may have rules in the ring, but outside of the ring, they are just as free as any of us to groin kick or eye gouge.

revobuzz

The basic problem is…

Some idiots like Krav some idiots like MMA.

The rest of us just get on with it.

Well said revobuzz.

secure

I take Krav in an MMA gym where the MMA instructor tells people the Krav instructor is a bad ass……the Krav instructor tells people the MMA instructor is “a tough kid” (there is an age difference) Often you will see both instructors joining the other´s class, the Krav instructor is a security contractor from South America, he will join MMA, Judo, and always states that any training is beneficial in one way or another, example – MMA does not have a compliant partner when practicing. The two seem to learn from each other, they seem to make the two work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7LDfUqP9Fs I am hoping KMWW will come here when he leaves in December. The MMA instructor is thinking of going for certification.

revadim

Wow a 4 year thread, that’s some good going!

It really is quite simple. My fav saying… Krav, there are no rules!

I’ve taught people who have done MMA and all that kind of thing. I’ve used them as the attacker at the start of a lesion. I ask them to preform one of their MMA kicks. I either grab their leg and pretend to put all my weight on their knee or while on the floor, they try and put a leg lock on.
    It’s simple, while they try and get a leg lock, you’re kicking them with your free foot with your heal. With those of examples, I’ve noticed that those guys who do MMA now do Krav much.

In krav, there are no rules. I think people need to remember that.

kmman

Rev, what are the rules an MMA fighter must adhere to in a street fight?

revadim

There are no rules in a street fight. However, IF someone practices MMA their muscle memory will come into play. Because of that, they will fight to set rule.

maddogmean

I’m actually in a KM discussion on an MMA forum. It seems the biggest criticism against the system is the lack of “live sparring”. Without actually attacking the areas preferred in KM, we can’t accurately guage it’s effectiveness.

There general feeling is that during training, partners are more compliant than real life. There is also questions about it’s effectiveness against skilled fighters.

But it’s not everyone. There are some MMA folks that have defended it’s effectiveness as a self defense system.

kvotal

There is a little chance for average KM trainy to give a decent fight to MMA average fighter in the ring, because KM is lacking the techniques that are not really required in the street fight. And if there is such KM practitioner it is almost sure that he / she has a previous MA backround or doing some other MA parallel to KM.
    The pain tollerance of the MMA fighters is quite high so even the kick in the groin not obligatory going to drop them to the floor, not to mention if you miss for the first time … there not going to be another one I guess.
    I am doing KM for many years and I was sparring (and I do have some good sparring expirience and many students from different MA – including black belts in karate, some Muyi Thai practitioners that doing it for years and other) with the MMA guys (that btw giving a lot of respect and know exactly the difference between the street and the ring – so those who say that they hate KM probably been to the wrong team) and I must tell that MMA guys are devistating and believe me nobody want to go with them one on one on the street (please pay attention one on one).
    So KM people train hard and remember that KM is a continuously progressing and if You want to compare yourself to MMA guys first of all go and train with them … When you gain their respect all this discussion about hating KM won’t be relevant anymore …
    Remember You cannot win by discussion on the forum 🙂 You should go and try to do your best …
    Best regards to all KM and MMA fighters

mrbump

quote rz1:

Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry
    I discussed my view on being able to integrate MMA and Krav together in another post, but what I am curious about is why so many MMA people don’t like Krav Maga? The MMA guys seem to think that MMA/BJJ is the only way to fight. Anyone able to shed some light on this, or is it just fanboyism?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I am new here.

Thanks.

I have done BJJ and MMA alongside Krav for 2 or 3 years now. Now P5 and a blue belt.

In my experience, if anything, it is the other way around. KM guys saying – “oh yeh, MMA is just a sport. I don’t care if they train twice a day, 5 times a week. My twice weekly KM sessions are better because I can poke people in the eye”, or something along those lines. The only thing I get from the BJJ/MMA guys is a bit of piss taking about hostage situations and toy guns. I think at worst maybe some of them see it as a bit silly, but there’s no hate because they don’t feel threatened by it. By contrast, some KM guys like to think their martial art is “best” and don’t like the idea that someone who trains something else could kick their arse.

As someone that does both, I can honestly say I think that in a straight up, no rules fight, KM will not prepare you to effectively stop a takedown from a seriously trained sport fighter. Nor will your attempts to bite, gouge or hit the nuts negate his dominant position on the floor, or stop him transitioning to a finishing position or controlling you whilst punching your lights out. Lastly, just because you do a sport with rules does not mean you become incapable of kicking someone in the balls, or putting your thumb in their eye in a life or death situation. It just means you will be doing it more accurately and have a cooler head under pressure, because you are used to people trying to hit you, or wrestle you.

When people ask me which is better for self-defence I tell them Krav. It deals with the soft skills – avoidance, awareness, the fence, escape, the pre-emptive strike, weapons. It is also non-technical and fast to learn. If people ask which is better for learning to fight… MMA. Which is best? Doing both.

quote tadpole25:

Honestly, most of the hate from MMA is strawman logic.

I think everyone on here knows that Krav Maga isn’t meant to be a sport and there is no legitimate way to measure skill in it (aside from being in the rare situation of having an actual fight).

There’s basically no way of truly practicing KM without severely injuring people.

As to who would win in a street fight, it depends on which person is better trained. The MMA person may have rules in the ring, but outside of the ring, they are just as free as any of us to groin kick or eye gouge.

That’s basically how I see it. I’ve heard people in MMA complain that Krav Maga is “fighting dirty.” But anyone who would use the phrase “fighting dirty,” to me, doesn’t understand fighting, and what fighting is. Rather than classify what they are referring to in MMA as a “fight,” it’s really a…

quote Psyops:

Sparring is a game. It’s fun and it should be approached as such.

Yeah.

wacki

quote :

There are 67 rules that you can not do while in the ring/cage in MMA. In Krav Maga there is only one. Who is better prepared for the street?

What are the 67 rules?

I’m guessing the Krav rule is “win”?

Hit And Don’t Get Hit

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: