Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Workout Scedules and Recovery Times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jdr-stw

I have been taking KM classes since May. Initially I only attended once a week because of driving distance, but as I have gotten more fit I started taking two classes on Wednesdays (one in the am and one in the evening), and lately I have been going in on Saturdays as well. I am also using the Rutten workout on Monday and Friday. Overall I feel pretty good, but I can tell by the Wed evening class that my form is sloppier and I have less power, and by Thursday I am pretty wiped from the classes and driving the day before. My question is, should I step it up and do something on Tues/ Thursday too, or rest on those days?

On rest days I still walk my dogs for an hour and swim with my daughter (although “swimming” at the moment mostly consists of skirting the perimeter of the pool with her on my hip and catching all the frogs we find lol).

I am 36 and in the process of removing some extra weight. I was on steroids for allergies back in Feb and I gained 20 POUNDS in four weeks!! I want to do well wih KM and to finish getting this weight off, but I don’t want to injure myself by pushing too hard. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Workout Scedules and Recovery Times

Honestly if it were me I’d wait until my body acclimated a little more. You don’t want to overdo it and end up pulling something.

Do something everyday like walking the dogs etc stay active just don’t push yourself too far.

jdr-stw

Re: Workout Scedules and Recovery Times

Thanks so much CJD. Will do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: