People sign up for classes at Krav Maga Worldwide Los Angeles for a wide variety of reasons, but the goal of any good self-defense practice can be summed up in one word: empowerment. The more empowered you are, the stronger you can be to achieve your dreams and deal with the challenges life hands you.
Deciding to learn self-defense is a huge step toward a better future, In order to ensure the best results, it’s important to find the best self-defense method suited for you. Many people aren’t aware that there are many ways to approach Krav Maga. Choosing from the many different routes offered at Krav Maga Worldwide, Los Angeles, we can help you discover the best possible path for your training. The first thing you need to do is consider what it means to devote your time and energy to Krav Maga.
What to Ask Yourself
You need to be honest and realistic when choosing a self-defense method. Among the many questions you may have, consider your goals, your commitment, and your fitness level.
What Are Your Self-Defense Goals?
Learning a self-defense method entails gaining the ability to protect yourself, but this can go hand-in-hand with a variety of other factors. Maybe you’re looking to increase your confidence and improve your physique, or you’re training for a role in a film or a new career move. Perhaps you or someone you know went through a tough situation where self-defense knowledge could have been beneficial. If developing life-saving defense skills is your primary goal, then you’ll want to choose Krav Maga, which has been proven effective in real-life scenarios.
Do You Understand Know What Self-Defense Really Is?
Learning self-defense takes more than just mimicking a few fighting moves from an instructor. It’s lifestyle that you will need to commit to. Not only will a good self-defense class get you into excellent physical shape, but it also will help you to develop awareness and cultivate a deep trust in your instincts. Receiving training from a professional instructor can enrich your life in ways you can’t even imagine—if you’re prepared to give it your all.
Are You Prepared to Commit to Instruction?
Once you understand self-defense and what you hope to achieve, you now need to decide how much time, money, and energy you can set aside for your practice. Most quality training centers will allow you to sit in on a class and speak with instructors before signing up. Ask what the center can offer you, how much it will cost, and how long it will take you to complete a basic program. At Krav Maga Worldwide Los Angeles, a beginner can expect to complete the first level of the self-defense program in about four months with a time commitment of two to three training sessions per week.
How Realistic is Krav Maga?
If your goal in learning self-defense is to protect yourself in the case of an attack, then choosing a training program that incorporates real-life scenarios is crucial. The curriculum at Krav Maga Worldwide Los Angeles includes defense against common forms of attack. If you are ever attacked, you need a method that is quick, simple, and effective in the real world.
What Are the Benefits of Krav Maga Training?
Krav Maga, like many self defense systems, teaches you to defend yourself in a practical and adaptable manner; however, there are many additional physical and mental benefits you’ll experience. Exercise through Krav Maga will help relieve stress, elevate your mood, improve your health, heighten your awareness, and raise your confidence level.
The Best Self-Defense Training Available
- Since 1999, thousands of people from all over the world have received training from our highly-qualified Krav Maga instructors. Our rigorous and life-changing program offers the best self-defense instruction in the industry due to the close connections between our founder, Darren Levine, and the founder of Krav Maga, Imi Lichtenfeld.Imi Lichtenfeld started learning self defense from his father in 1910 in Bratislava. When he joined the Haganah, which later became the Israel Defense Forces, he began teaching other soldiers self-defense techniques he used on the streets to defend his family and friends. These teachings were put into effect on the battlefield during World War II.In the next 20 years, Imi worked to develop and adapt Krav Maga into a more effective discipline for soldiers and warriors. After his retirement from the military, Imi Lichtenfeld then worked to adapt Krav Maga to daily life, eventually turning Krav Maga into the ultimate defense system it is today. Our founder and instructor, Darren Levine, learned directly from Imi, and now educates other instructors and students at Krav Maga Worldwide.
- The first time Darren had the privilege of working with Imi was during an Instructor’s Course in 1981. Out of 23 members who attended the intensive 6 week course, Darren was one of the few who passed. This course was the first of many Darren would take from Imi and other established Krav Maga instructors. In 1984, Darren received his first degree black belt in Krav Maga. During the ceremony, Imi passed on his own belt to Darren, a monumental show of achievement and mutual respect. One of only two people in the world to receive the Founder’s Award, it was clear to all that Imi intended Darren to be one of the new leaders of Krav Maga.
The Best Classes and Instructors
Krav Maga Worldwide, Los Angeles was established by Darren Levine in 1996, after years of teaching at the Heschel Day School, the University of Judaism, and the Krav Maga National Training Center. The facility that Darren opened was the first of its kind, offering a full schedule of fighting, Krav Maga, and fitness classes.
Currently, this facility offers courses that appeal to anyone looking to study self defense. Self defense, fighting, fitness, military training, youth programs, licensing, and certifications are all provided at our Los Angeles training center.
The self defense program follows the belt system with five levels. Level one is the basic level for all beginners in the Krav Maga system. As students grow and improve they are thoroughly tested before graduating through to the next belt. Belts include:
- 1. No belt (Level One)
- 2. Yellow (Level Two)
- 3. Orange (Level Three)
- 4. Green (Level Four)
- 5. Blue (Level Five)
- 6. Brown (Level Five)
Since Krav Maga is a practical and functional self defense system, we ensure fight training to prepare you for a real fight. The adrenaline, pressure, and pain associated with defending yourself on the street won’t come as a shock once you’ve enrolled in this program. With people of all ages and levels participating, there is always an appropriate opponent to practice with. You’ll participate in:
- 1. Intro Fighting
- 2. Krav Maga Fighting
- 3. Boxing
- 4. Kickboxing
- 5. Ground Fighting
- 6. Mixed Martial Arts
For those who prefer to learn Krav Maga strictly as a fitness experience, Krav Maga Worldwide, Los Angeles also offer indoor and outdoor workouts, heavy bag drills, functional training, weight training, CrossFit, Plyometrics, gymnastics, and yoga. With workouts heavily influenced by the Krav Maga style, we transform you into a strong, capable athlete. Try classes like:
- 1. Crossfit All
- 2. KM Bag
- 3. Cardio Conditioning
- 4. Mobility
The Military and Law Enforcement training program is a specialized series taught to over 500 law enforcement agencies nationwide. This program is separated into law enforcement and military branches, each with its own set of courses.
Since Krav Maga was originally created for military personnel use, it is uniquely designed to help soldiers resolve situations quickly and effectively. We have mobile training teams available to train the most elite soldiers and have, in fact, already contributed to military maneuvers and operations in Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, and more. Along with self defense, some of the military courses we offer include:
- 1. Long-Gun Retention
- 2. Defenses Against Edged Weapon Threats and Attacks
- 3. Defenses Against Blunt Weapon Attacks
- 4. Utilizing an Impact Weapon for Defensive Purposes and Striking
Law Enforcement Courses
This program is available only for sworn officers and covers many situational issues that may arise over the course of daily law enforcement and military activities. Krav Maga Worldwide is constantly consulting with law enforcement to help protect in dangerous situations.
The instructors who teach these courses are also law enforcement, and are minutely aware of the situations officers find themselves in on a daily basis. These officers train students in exercises such as:
- 1. Self-Defense
- 2. Weapon Retention
- 3. Defenses Against Handgun and Long-Gun Threats
- 4. Ground Fighting and Tactics for Law Enforcement Application
- 5. Arrest and Control Tactics
- 6. Searching and Handcuffing
- 7. Hostage Situations
- 8. Special Operations—Bomb Threats
The km-X™ kids program is a dynamic, fun adventure for kids interested in learning about self-defense. Each class also discusses functional and practical life skills that children can use in the future. You’ll see an immediate improvement in a child’s confidence, character, and behavior. Some of the youth classes Krav Maga Worldwide, Los Angeles offers are:
- 1. km-Xplorers Beginner
- 2. km-Xplorers Advanced
- 3. km-X Sparring
- Teen Class
_Licensing & Certifications
For those looking to become certified instructors of Krav Maga, we can also help you achieve that goal. With over 200 locations, access to exclusive seminars and events, and advice from industry experts, you’ll gain a new level of professionalism in self defense.
The instructors in charge of these programs and classes are professional athletes, trained to teach any student how to succeed with their Krav Maga training. Our staff is certified by the Israeli Ministry of Education and the Krav Maga Association of America Inc. With years of experience learning and teaching Krav Maga, our experts are the right people to train you.
Get the Krav Maga Worldwide, Los Angeles Experience
The Krav Maga Worldwide community is a massive network of schools and affiliates. With over 100 locations, we work with people all over the world to effectively introduce the Krav Maga system. At Krav Maga Worldwide, Los Angeles, we strive to provide well-rounded training and optimal fighting experiences. At our training center, you will encounter:
- 1. Challenging and aggressive fighting practices.
- 2. Individual attention from our respectful and motivating instructors.
- 3. A safe and encouraging environment.
- 4. Real-life training scenarios.
- 5. Complimentary lifestyle advice, such as nutritional tips from our on-staff dietitian.
If you think Krav Maga is the self-defense method for you, then it’s time to get started. Come in for an introductory lesson and talk to our knowledgeable instructors. Once you join, you’ll notice a boost in confidence and sharper instincts, and soon you’ll start to trust in your ability to keep yourself safe and protected with Krav Maga. Contact us today!