The fighting system offered by Krav Maga Worldwide will train, tone, and strengthen your body in a variety of ways. We offer classes specifically for fighting and others designed to improve fitness and build strength and flexibility to complement the self-defense system. You’ll be using a variety of Krav Maga training equipment as you learn, so it’s a good idea to begin familiarizing yourself with these items now.
The Fighting System
We cover a lot of ground in our fighting classes, which allow you to develop and test defense skills at a pace that works for you. Our fighting classes are available in a variety of levels and include education on various tactics, such as ground fighting, kickboxing, traditional boxing, and Krav Maga defense. You’ll be using a variety of Krav Maga training equipment during our fighting classes.
Our fighting system includes:
- Intro Fight: A class that offers beginners safe fighting instruction in a friendly atmosphere.
- Fight 1: Next-level class for students who have the basics down and now want to sharpen their skills.
- Fight ½: Fighting skills will be challenged and practiced in a controlled environment during this class.
- Fight 2: Advanced moves will be discussed and practiced in this course.
- Kickboxing: Spar and practice kickboxing moves used by real professional fighters.
- Boxing: Work on traditional boxing moves during this advanced class.
The Fitness Classes
If you want a strong body and a sense of confidence that you’ve never felt before, our fitness classes can get you there! Our classes include:
- Cardio Con: A high-intensity class designed to melt away fat and increase cardiovascular health.
- Mobility: This class combines yoga moves with physical therapy to reduce the chances of injury.
- KM Bag: Powerful bag training that combines fitness and fighting moves to improve strength.
- CrossFit: A proven-effective system that uses interval training to help you become your best.
What Krav Maga Training Equipment Will You Use?
Punching Bags, Boxing Gloves, and Mitts
A training mitt is a padded target attached to a glove that is designed to be used for fighting practice. Mitts and bags are important because they allow you to hit the target as hard as you can, much like you would hit an attacker. Boxing gloves will help keep you and your partner safe as you work on traditional boxing moves.
Rings and Bands
Suspension rings and stretch bands can help work muscles that you don’t use in everyday life.
A dowel is a wooden rod that can be used for a variety of exercises, such as shoulder rotations.
Old-fashioned weightlifting is a great way to develop strength. You’ll be using a variety of dumbbells, kettlebells, and other weights for your CrossFit and Cardio Con classes.
Body-weight exercises, such as the pull up, also do great things for your fitness levels and strengthen your core.
Jumping rope is surprisingly challenging if you’ve never attempted it. Jump ropes are regularly used to improve cardiovascular health during our KM bag class.
These weighted balls are great for strengthening and toning. They are used regularly in the KM bag and Cardio Con classes.
Foam rollers can be used to correct posture, relax the spine, and work on flexibility in other areas. You’ll be using them during our Mobility class.
Plyometric training is an important part of our CrossFit program. Small boxes or benches are used to create a number of different jumping exercises that dramatically increase leg strength and cardiovascular endurance.
Krav Maga Worldwide: Get Started Now
If you’re ready to begin one of our classes, and you have a question about any of the Krav Maga training equipment that you’ll be using, please contact us now. We are happy to help you prepare for your training work in whatever way is necessary. We can’t wait to help you become the strongest version of yourself that you possibly can be.