Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bc1975

Hi.
    I am 41 and have been going to Krav since January. I have never did any self defence or martial art before. I really enjoy my classes but I can mostly only go once every two weeks due to shifts.
    Im not too bothered about grading and am happy to learn at my own pace but in saying that I have read that two classes a week is the minimum to actually make it worth while. So am I kidding myself and should I just use this time to do other exercise.
    Also I realise this site is about KM, but there is a gym near me that does muay thai which I could make once a week… not ideal again but any thoughts??
    Cheers

ship

I have the same problem. I cannot get to Krav more than once a week, and often have to skip a week or two due to work or other things in life getting in the way. I therefore don’t feel I am making much progress. Any ideas? Thanks.

jjbklb

Get the Krav DVD’s & do some practice sessions at home when you can.Does your school print a syllabus showing what techniques will be taught for each week?Bring those up from your DVD.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Have you looked at the krav maga worldwide online Academy?

don’t give up. keep going to classes every time you can and make sure you learn proper form. focus on precision and form, learn the techniques perfectly. don’t focus on speed until you learn the technique well
    during the rest of the week you can practice at home the techniques learned and improve the speed or power. maybe get together with another student who is willing to practice with you. or you can do other types of workouts to get general fitness and strength.

in my class there’s a guy who can only attend 1 day a week because he lives in a different city, but he is more flexible than the other students, can kick higher, doesn’t get tired as fast as the rest. he isn’t the fastest but he isn’t the slowest and he is in good physical condition. he works out 4-5 days a week and practices the techniques with friends that he learned in class. don’t give up!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: