Krav Maga for Law Enforcement
The Krav Maga Worldwide™ Force Training Division (KMWFTD) has taken important steps to refine Krav Maga for the needs of American law enforcement.
Keenly aware of use-of-force and liability issues facing law enforcement, KMWFTD is constantly updated in consultation with use-of-force experts (including district attorneys, police liability defense lawyers, police administrators, and defensive tactics instructors) to provide real-world effectiveness and defensible applications of reasonable force.
Our approach is simple “stop the problem and take safe control as quickly as possible.” Officer safety is paramount before, during, and after a confrontation. We deal with compliant, resistive, assaultive/high risk and life-threatening situations.
Our instructional staff consists of currently sworn law enforcement officers. Our U.S. Chief Instructor, Darren Levine, is a Deputy District Attorney for Los Angeles County. He lectures frequently on use-of-force issues.
We provide Instructor Certification Courses, Seminars (end-user training), Private Courses and Customized Courses to meet your needs. We have mobile training teams that travel to provide training and currently support over 2000 Military, Law Enforcement, Corrections and Security Instructors around the world.
The law enforcement training curriculum has been divided into different areas:
- Verbal Commands
- De-escalation Tactics
- Combatives (use of personal weapons)
- Weapon Retention (in the holster, out of the holster, standing and on the ground)
- Defenses Against Handgun Threats
- Defenses Against Long-Gun Threats
- Long-Gun Retention
- Defenses Against Edged Weapon Threats and Attacks (to include improvised edged weapon defenses)
- Defenses Against Blunt Weapon Attacks (sticks/pipes/impact weapons)
- Utilizing an Impact Weapon for Defensive Purposes and Striking
- Ground Fighting and Tactics for Law Enforcement Application
- Arrest and Control Tactics
- Searching and Handcuffing
- Hostage Situations
- Special Operations (i.e. Suicide/Homicide Bomber)