Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    medeya7

If a person is experinced in different style of self defence and has been learning KM by watching dvd’s, how can he apply to pass the belt test and get a certificate to teach KM. Is it possible to pass KM belt test online?

oldkmdude

Re: Belt test online!

God, I hope not.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

is it possible? I suppose anything’s possible.

With people today getting black belts because they had a seminar and they pay fake km instructors to advance in rank anything’s possible.

Let the buyer beware.

medeya7

I didn’t mean simply buying a belt, but why not manage the skill by the means that you have and then pass a test. Still didn’t get any practical information. Does anyone know which organization takes applications for belt test online?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I think I might not have been clear with my response, I’ll try again.

There is no credible way to earn rank advancement in Krav Maga by learning and testing online.

Having said that I’m sure a less than credible person would take someones money under the false pretense they could in fact advance without a practical test by a qualified instructor.

I personally have no knowledge of such a website nor would I encourage or condone someone undertaking this type of training and thus testing.

Might as well get your black belt from a box of Cracker Jacks, it would have just about as much credibility.

magpie

You could also watch THE MATRIX and then be like, “Whoa. I know kung fu.”;):

rickprado

Do you have a driver’s license and drive a car?

If so, and you were interested in learning how do drive a tractor trailer, or fly a plane, would/should you be able to learn online and worse, test online without practicing in front of a qualified instructor and then taking a test?

Should you be given a new driver’s license or permit that allows you to drive a 50,000 ton vehicle? Absolutely not, you would be a danger to yourself and others. Thats the same thing with trying to learn KM online and trying to become an instructor that way.

I don’t know of any organizations that do that for KM, I certainly would run away from anyone that does get involved with that type of nonsense.

I think it’s a universal NO to answer your question.

Eventually they’re going to move Army and Marine Corps bootcamp online and the PFT results will be on the Honor System. The Navy just go to the pool and AF has a 2 month long spa trip, so I don’t think they’re getting rid of that, but they could go online too.

kevinmack

Ill do it for $20,000 US
    Times are tough

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: