Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I have another yellow belt qualifier question and that is elbows 1-7. Is there a video or some diagrams out there where I could see the different positions? Want to make sure I have those down.

Scott

mara-jade

Re: Elbows (1 – 7)

Both these books have them
    http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Step-Step-Easiest-Learn/dp/1569756619/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243546667&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Krav-Maga-Self-Defense-Techniques/dp/1569755736/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

Don’t remember if the old KM DVD set has it. Guess you could look on youtube probably but the books above give you detail

Unfortunately my qualifier is tomorrow so I won’t be able to get a book by then, found some stuff on YouTube though, thanks.

paul

i had trouble keeping them straight until our instructors broke them out of the numbers and showed us the applications.

kirsten

Elbows 1-3 are on a horizontal plane. (this is for referrence, not for teaching them- I am doing this to refresh your brain)
    #1 is a traditional forward elbow, #2 is the side elbow & #3 is the elbow to behind you

Elbows 4-7 are on a verticle plane.
    #4 is the little brother poke behind you, #5 is the upward, rear elbow (think under their chin), #6 is the upward elbow to your front, #7 is the downward elbow.

Where are you training at?

kirsten

I’m over at East West in Vancouver.

bradm

Good video. However, the way I was taught was the same except 6 and 7 are reversed. Number 6 was elbow straight up under attacker’s chin, and #7 was with elbow dropping down on the attacker.

Same thing happened to me. The YouTube video I watched showed 6 and 7 the opposite of what the instructors taught us.

maddogmean

You guys are right 6 is an upper cut style elbow and 7 comes straight down.

kirsten

yeah, sorry about that… I just watched the first half and posted it. My apologies. Why they have it backwards I have no idea…

leejam99

don’t want to be the bad guy here but if you don’t know your elbow 1-7… which means that you’ve never seen or practice them.. maybe your not ready to take your test?!?

leejam99

not a big fan of this guy on the video. I just watch the 2 choke defense videos and he says the 1 word that should not be used when describing the pluck. which is “GRAB”. He keeps verbally saying and physically grabbing the hand and pulling it down which is not how I would teach it personally.

thats 2 negative posts in a row! I must of woke up on the wrong side of the bad 🙂 I need a hug.

Just because you’ve seen or practiced something doesn’t mean you retain 100% of it and don’t need a review at test time.

leejam99

My bad… i mis-read it and thought you’ve never seen those techniques.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: