No announcement yet.

Hi I'm Dave

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I'm Dave

Hey guys I am incredibly excited to begin training very fact my first class is in less than 24 hours. To say the least I am pumped. For someone being self taught I consider myself a pretty good fighter, but I want to train in this deadly art to make sure I can someday save my life or the life of another if necessary. I would like to know what you would all recommend to me or things I should watch out for in my first class to keep from making stupid errors and so I can make the most of the experience!

Re: Hi I'm Dave

Listen to the instructor. No one is going to be perfect the 1st time they try something so don't expect to not make a mistake.

The only truly "stupid" mistake a person can make is giving up on themselves.

You're already being too hard on yourself before you've even started-don't make that mistake. Pushing yourself is one thing but you gotta get started first.

Ask questions, don't be in a rush to get it all at once. Don't worry about everyone else with respect to who is better than you - screw that. It's about your training.
      Do, or do not. There is no try - Jedi Master Yoda
      This is Krav, not scrapbooking- Instructor Jeremy Stafford
      Krav Air - We serve up NUTS
      - San Antonio Center's Mock Airplane Motto
      Disneyland, but more violent - SashaTheStrange explaining KM to a friend
      Know who you are and what you're capable of. Walk away if you can. Run away if you must. Defend yourself if you have no other choice.- Instructor Steve Tornovish

"Dave? Dave's not here!"