Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    smith

Hey everybody,

I’m new here to the site and the forum and enjoying getting to know you by reading all the posts.

I do have a question for anyone: I’ve been searching for self-defense training in SW Florida. I’ve boiled it down to KravMaga or the FIGHT system and found a listing fairly close to me on this site for KM.
    It’s an ATA school in Port Charlotte/Cape Coral Fl. I plan to visit soon and was hoping someone on this forum might go there or know something of this school. The owner is Andy Shuman I believe. I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Smith

rich-f

This topic has been gone over pretty often. either use the search feature or scroll down the topics page. you will probably find your answer.

I highly recommend watching a class or two and visiting the different schools. Go with the school in which you feel the most comfortable.

kravjeff

Agree – It’s my understanding (and I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong) that the two systems are fundamentally similar, though \”FIGHT\” supposedly directs combatives, leading to essentially one end point where you determine your finish (i.e., escape, incapacitate or kill).

I’d take a couple of classes at each place, and see what fits you best.

One cool thing (from what I’ve read) about FIGHT is that they incorporate tactical firearms training into their system. That would be a nice addition to KM.

$0.02
    KJ
    8)

anonymous

Yeah! Yeah!!! Let’s go to the shooting range!! I’ve been beggin’ people. Because if you are going to disarm the gunman, it’s best to know how to handle the gun. Also to get used to the noise of gunshots etc. And it would be fun! 😀

jburtonpdx
    quote :

Yeah! Yeah!!! Let’s go to the shooting range!! I’ve been beggin’ people. Because if you are going to disarm the gunman, it’s best to know how to handle the gun. Also to get used to the noise of gunshots etc. And it would be fun!

OK lets go… Wait your not in Central Ohio are you… Dang, well maybe I can get some folks from the school I train at to go with me… Always looking for a reason to go to the range! 😉

ronstack

Re: new guy

quote smith:

Hey everybody,

I’m new here to the site and the forum and enjoying getting to know you by reading all the posts.

I do have a question for anyone: I’ve been searching for self-defense training in SW Florida. I’ve boiled it down to KravMaga or the FIGHT system and found a listing fairly close to me on this site for KM.
    It’s an ATA school in Port Charlotte/Cape Coral Fl. I plan to visit soon and was hoping someone on this forum might go there or know something of this school. The owner is Andy Shuman I believe. I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Smith

Also new and live in North Fort Myers. Took a couple of classes locally and am hooked. Would like to meet a ‘practice partner’ in the area.

chowonpow

Re:

Well, I really hate guns but you guys raise a great point— it doesn’t do much good to disarm an attacker and follow it up by shooting yourself or a bystander. Seems a good idea to visit a shooting range for some info… thanks!

ronstack

Re: new guy

Took a few Krav classes and loved it. Looking for a training/practice partner in the N Fort Myers / Cape area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: