Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books 2 questions from a newbie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sunstar

I just started getting into Krav Maga and had a couple of questions. The first may sound a little odd, but generally where do you look when fighting? By that I mean do you look at the person’s face or their hands? The second question is what defense is best against kicks, in particular a roundhouse kick?

Thanks guys.

leejam99

Re: 2 questions from a newbie

i like to look at the space between the 2 collar bones or the space where your neck and your chest meet. center mass. from there, use your peripheral vision to pick up his arm/leg movement.

You can also you use eyes to deceive your opponent. If you have a guy that is always looking at your eyes, you can look low, hit high or vise versa.

for the round kick, i like to check with my high part of my shin close to my knee. you can counter with a right straight punch as you check or right after…but answer back and teach him not to throw a round kick at you! 🙂

kirsten

I agree with James… always look at the lower throat where it meets the chest. Secondly, I will do one of three things on a roundkick:
    1. Move out of the way and counter
    2. Burst in and make a defense and counter
    3. Wait for it and counter with a right straight (if its a right kick)

I use kick defenses with my shin or deflect w/my thigh only as a last resort… mainly because I am smaller than the guys and I can’t physically do them as well when they are kicking me hard. Whatever it is you do, do it- and like James said don’t leave it unanswered, punishment should follow… 🙂

clfmak

If possible, the best defense is to kick the groin as the leg is coming. When training/sparring, I work this by kicking their incoming thigh with the outside edge of my shoe with a front kick.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: