Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics 20 min workout, any good?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    adam-simmons

Hi people, I train krav maga twice per week at my local club, but trying to find a quick workout to up my strength but not build loads of muscle, I’ve read loads. Of forums and web pages about strength training so I think body weight with abit of kettlebell would be best, what do you think? He’s my routine-
    Push up – 1 min
    Pull up – 1 min
    Squat – 1 min
    Dip – 1 min
    Crunch – 1 min
    Dimond push up – 1 min
    Close grip pull up -1 min
    Sumo squat – 1 min
    Russian twist – 1 min
    Then some kettlebell excersizes work on core – 5 mins
    Then skipping – 3 mins
    What do you guys think, I don’t really have a lot of time to train as got family and how many times a week do you think I should do a routine like this?

garddawg

Re: 20 min workout, any good?

What is a “core”. What do you mean by that?

adam-simmons

Core is abs, hips all muslce groups in middle of my body

esquire32

maybe take a look at rushfit by George St Pierre. Its hiit workout basically based off 5 five minute rounds.. might get some ideas etc good luck

petervdberge

It looks great to me, but it may be recommended to switch up the training a bit with fighting. maybe sparring with someone, or use a heavybag.

if i train at home, i do the following:

5-10 min. start with warmup, jumping jacks, jumprope, things like that. Followed by stretching and loosening up your back and neck.
    30s-1m Straigh/cross combinations on heavybag.
    30s-1m fast pushups
    30s-1m lowkicks on heavybag
    30s-1m fast crunches
    30s-1m highkicks on heavybag
    30s-1m fast squats
    30s-1m knees on heavybag
    30s-1m planking
    30s-1m elbows on heavybag
    30s-1m Slow pushups
    30s-1m attack bag in any fashion
    30s-1m slow crunches
    30s-1m slow and deep squats

i take about 10 seconds between every step to reset the timer on my phone, and drink a bit of water.

This is really effective and quite intense training for me, and because you go on the heavybag at least as much as draining your muscles, i find it particularely good foor your stamina.

Im not saying this is the way to do hometraining, but i found it really effective, specially for Krav Maga.

<EDIT: if you dont have a heavybag, you an try to do it á la Airboxing.

resqr1

Crossfit has a bunch of workouts that take 20 min. or less. One of my favorites is “Cindy” 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 air squats. As many rounds as you can get in 20 mins. I’m up to 18 rounds, so far…

unstpabl1

quote adam-simmons:

Core is abs, hips all muslce groups in middle of my body

I think he was implying that body was built to work as a unit. Core implies isolation. All muscle groups are worked in the compound exercises you had written before that particularly those your isolating as core. Check out the links on his post tons of info and WODs are mostly within your time frame. So proven that KMWW recently became an affiliate as did fmr lead instructor John Whitman when he started krav alliance. GD was way ahead of them

18 DANG Resqr1 thatz bad azz thumbsup

garddawg

Core is one f those words trainers throw around and generally has no meaning, which is why I asked. When I talk about core I mean the ability to stabilize the mid line so that I can transfer the power of the hips out through a rigid core into the extremities allowing me to punch or kick harder, or safely lift large loads.

My son Connor got 39 rounds of Cindy twice when he was 15 or 16.

rosejliam

Maybe it’s good rather nothing for a day. I do krav at least one hour a day. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: