Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    progress

No this is not relavant to training but there was a post about Alias and the KM connection (or lack of). The show 24 introduced a character from the first season last week, the guys character bio indicates he is a Krav Maga Instructor. So for those who care here is the link:

http://www.fox.com/24/season1/profiles.html

progress

The characters name is Tony Almeida.

He was in my phase A group but left after Wade ran the warm-up on Monday morning.

johnwhitman

Hey, do you guys want to hear another connection between KM and 24?

I’ll be writing 3 novels based on the series 24 this year. (Some of you may know that when I’m not teaching or helping to run KM, I’m a writer.)

It’s a six book series. I’m doing three and another writer is doing the others. The project is just starting now, but I think the first books hit the shelves before the end of the year. It should be very interesting!

ryan

Very cool, John. 24 and The Shield are the only two shows to come along in some time that I really enjoy. Both are well-written. Keep us updated.

andre

The shield, that’s quality TV. 😀
    New Season this March. Could I be more off topic? 🙂

anonymous

That’s really cool!! Can’t wait to read those novels!! 😀

Are they based on the show’s storyline or did you create your own stories? Will there be any Krav defenses in the books? Have you written any other books we could check out?

I hope they will be a huge success!!

leftie79

That’s way cool John!!! I wish you the best of luck with your books and yes, do keep us up to date! 😀

caliwt

First an Action Figure and now a character Bio on 24, KM is getting to comercialized for me 😉 just kidding…whats next? Krav Maga Lunch boxs for kids 😉 😆 LOL

Thats really Cool!!! A few movies have had German/ European Badguys doing WT like moves but no direct references like that. and ofcoarse Neos one armed finishing move with kick to throat in Matrix.

Someone should make a list of all the diret KM cameo apperances. Didn’t j-Lo use it in that movie where she hits her head on the fireplace? Seems like there have been others….

John, do you guys help choreograph fight scenes on 24 too….at least for tony almeda…

anonymous

Hey John,

I’m just thinking, what’s unique about the show \”24\” is that it takes place in real time, so when you watch the show for an hour that’s exactly how much time passes on screen.

So, are you going to try and translate that concept to the novel? Maybe write 24 chapters and design them so each will be read in about an hour? That could be complicated, but kind of cool. 😉

progress

IM not a big fan of TV but I must admit I am hooked on the 24 phenom. John I know you do not use the forum to advertise or generate sales of any item, but I would love to get an update on the status of your books as you near completion. What a cool project!! I cant wait to read the books!!

leftie79

Can someone please explain what this show is about? I have never watched it before. Maybe I will start now that I know KM is related to it.

Leftie 24 is a series about a top notch counter terrorism unit (CTU.) The lead character Jack Bauer is played by Kiefer Sutherland. The \”catch\” of the show and what is unique to it is that every episode is played in real time, that is if an episode is about an hour long then one hour passes in the series. Each season is 24 episodes (24hrs) hence the name. Pretty cool idea and like Ryan I find it the only show worth watching in addition to The Shield.
    As for krav…sorry I haven’t seen any krav moves in it. It is still an action oriented series, not that much realism in it. In Finland we just started the 3rd season and so far this Tony Almeida has gotten his a$$ handed to him a couple of times and now he just got shot so guess he needs to work on his krav stuff a bit more:shock:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: