Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    happyloaf

I just returned from my level 1 test. Went great! Hard but fun. But I noticed on our sign in forms that they have krav listed as having nine levels? The yellow book only goes up to level 5.

Anyone know what the extra levels are for?

mara-jade

Re: 9 levels?

Not sure what other levels you’re referring to. In relation to a KMWW curriculum, the highest level is black belt. Now as far as instructors, there’s phases for them within each level. Is that what you mean?:confused:

la-revancha

The instructor phase to expert program does not summate to 9 levels. Furthermore, if you consider all the regular student exams, “white belt” to black belt (or to 2nd dan for that matter), you do not end up with nine.

Dubious…

spartankrav

Possibly “half” levels? For example yellow, yellow-orange, orange, etc.

I believe there was a discussion (although it devolved into something less than a “discussion”) on the forum some time ago about schools doing this.

la-revancha

quote spartankrav:

Possibly “half” levels? For example yellow, yellow-orange, orange, etc.

I believe there was a discussion (although it devolved into something less than a “discussion”) on the forum some time ago about schools doing this.

I recall that thread, but even if you “striped” folks between each level, you still don’t come up with nine.

Commenting as somebody who has gone successfully through L1-L5….I smell shenanigans.

happyloaf

Yeah I don’t know how they got nine levels. We had combatives and kicks mostly on the test. No choke defense or anything? It said it was a level 1 test? I searched for the old thread and could not find it. Do you know what school or system of schools did the 9 level test?

happyloaf

Ok I found it? Will my “level 1” be recognized at other KMWW schools if I transfer (will be moving in the next year most likely).

brentw

If you didn’t do self defense then it wasn’t a recognized level one test. You can search the forum for curriculum for each level to get an idea of what you need.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: